Grange Rath/ Deep Ford Drogheda

The new shopping development is planned for Colpe Cross, at the left turn (coming from Drogheda) for Grange Rath. There is a sign advertising a "vibrant new development"! Rumours of a major grocery anchor tenant, but nothing confirmed yet (as far as I'm aware).
The planning permission details can be seen on [broken link removed]

Thanks for that link.
Sounds great. Nice to have a pub & restauarant close to hand.
What rumours are out there about likely tenant anchors ?

Tesco were mentioned, but that might be wishful thinking on the part of Drogheda residents!

Anybody catch the price of the 4 bed detached in Deepforde?

€475k

What did you think of them ?
I know they are detached but IMO they're the same as 3 bed with attic converted for you into 4th bedroom. Are they worth €475 ??

. Are they worth €475 ??

Do a bit of research on the drogheda market and you'll get your answer, pay particular attention to the secondhand side of things.
I get the impression estate agents in drogheda believe they actually live in dublin,but reality is about to kick in.

Haven't actually seen them, but if they are the same as the 3 bed with an extra bedroom in the attic then I can picture what they look like. tbh that price is a litle bit more realistic as I thought the €400,000 for the 3 bed semi was a bit ott, and I think someone is trying to sell one for €465,000 or so. The 4 bed detached in Grange Rath are selling for €485,000 or so, so its all relevent.

hi all,
my partner and i are looking to buy a house in grange rath in the summer. there seems to be a lot of houses up for sale. is there a particular reason for this? has it to do with the new shopping development plans? what do people think of the area for a young family?

You'll always have a high number of houses for sale in such a large estate, I would guess that there are about 800+ at the moment so don't worry about it too much, although they are taking a slight bit longer to sell currently but that is a countrywide trait what with the interest rates and all.

I moved in two years ago and love it, its well maintained and is large enough to go for a walk with kids or a baby without having to actually go out of the estate.

In relation to the shops, they have started to clear the site in the last number of weeks which is good and will be a good thing for the residents although the nearest houses have the most to lose what with the size of it etc.

Feel free to ask me any other questions or info on housetypes/prices etc.

Talking to EA Thomas Byrne and he has a €1,000,000 house for sale in Grangerath. Madness - who would buy such an expensive house to live in a housing estate ??

Lots of rich people out there only happy to buy it ;)

Thanks captain x. The houses look fab from the outside. Going to view one on saturday which would be ideal but auctioneer says that he's already had an offer of the asking price. Mind you, we still have our own to sell in dublin. Supposedly it'll take us over 2 months to sell our own!! Do you know if there are good primary schools nearby?

I don't know what your looking at,but some of them houses have been on sale for months.If he had the asking price,you can be sure it would be sale agreed now !.
Your being very optimistic on selling your house in dublin in 8 weeks,unless your giving it away.

Won't have to know about schools for a few years yet, but as thewatcher said, houses are taking that little bit longer to sell. As an example there are two 4 bed detached houses that have been on sale for at least 3 or 4 months at €480k and €485k. One now has sale agreed up, but the other is still there. The same is said about a couple of 4 bed semis. If one was to go quick then its at a very good price or in walk in condition.

You'll always have a high number of houses for sale in such a large estate, I would guess that there are about 800+ at the moment so don't worry about it too much, although they are taking a slight bit longer to sell currently but that is a countrywide trait what with the interest rates and all.

I moved in two years ago and love it, its well maintained and is large enough to go for a walk with kids or a baby without having to actually go out of the estate.

In relation to the shops, they have started to clear the site in the last number of weeks which is good and will be a good thing for the residents although the nearest houses have the most to lose what with the size of it etc.

Feel free to ask me any other questions or info on housetypes/prices etc.
Can you tell me if the council have taken over these estates and if there are any charges payable locally optional or compulsory?

For reference here (from the replies to your query over on boards), no, Meath Co Co haven't taken the estate over just yet, and yes, the management fees are compulsory.

Back