Any point in applying to BOI while our broker applies to ICS?

RiceCakes

From reading the posts here I understand that ICS deals with Broker firms (only these days?) and BOI only deals with the public.

Our broker is going to apply to ICS and to keep our options as open as possible (and to get the lowest rate possible if approved) we would like to apply to BOI directly also.

Is there any point in applying to both (are they both one and the same in terms of rates and the people assessing the loan application)?, and for that matter are ICS still approving mortgages?, their website seems to only deal with existing customers.
Thanks.

you can apply to both, I am applying to BOE and broker is applying to ICS. ICS rates are higher (their 2 year fixed it v. high)

ICS and Bank of Ireland do assess separately. We recently got approval for a client from ICS for €200,000 while Bank of Ireland would only offer them €180,000.

Thanks very much Society and LDFerguson, we will go with both and keep our fingers crossed!

Ricecakes, if you find out the most up to date rates for BOI or ICS (i.e. variable and 2 year fixed) please post them here, Thanks

Ricecakes, if you find out the most up to date rates for BOI or ICS (i.e. variable and 2 year fixed) please post them here, Thanks

Here is a good link which has up to date figures on the major lender rates - http://www.*****************.com/mortgages/standard-variable-rates

The current ICS rate my broker is quoting is 3.65% (variable)
BOI have various ones as you can see in the link above. For a FTB I guess the comparable one is 3.35% (Max LTV 92% ). We are FTB'rs hoping to enter the market with trepidation, but with a family about to grow by one, hopefully next year, its the right time to take the plunge :)

Back