Sky+HD

Mmm...so I wonder why am I paying €92 for the lot (including ESPN)??

Because its €12 extra per month. Will be gone from my set-up when footie finishes in May. Also please note they will have only 23 Premier League games from next August. It'll be interesting what rubbish they will show instead.

Getting sky+hd at the weekend. Already have double power socket and sky satellite cable behind tv, Does sky+hd just use same as standard sky?

Standard sky has 1 sat cable, Sky+ and Sky+HD needs two. Your dish will likely need to be replaced or updated too.

Standard sky has 1 sat cable, Sky+ and Sky+HD needs two. Your dish will likely need to be replaced or updated too.

If Sky+ needs two cables does this mean that there are two lnb's on the dish? and when 12month single room contract ends could these cable lines be used with additional stb to watch tv in two rooms and with different channels on each.

Sky usually install a quad LNB when you get Sky+HD, so yes, you could add multiroom later.

Sky usually install a quad LNB when you get Sky+HD, so yes, you could add multiroom later.

that is good news indeed but does anyone know if the the two leads that the Sky+ box requires if they can be used ( for two rooms) instead of having to run a fresh cable in from the lnb on the dish.

when installing sky initally, the serviceman took the aerial faceplate off behind tv downstairs and attached the sky cable to the existing co-ax cable. he then had his helper in the evespace to pull the co-ax back up and thus leave the sky cable running in the conduit that previously housed the co-ax. How would they get the second cable down? Is there room for two cables in conduit? Dish is on gable end and hole drilled in gable between dish and evespace

Good HD done well (like a good BluRay on a top quality 1080p TV) looks very very good.

My problem is that you can't polish a turd. Watching crap programmes in HD doesn't improve the content.

Back