Day trip to Liverpool

gabsdot

My husband and son are off to liverpool for a day in August to go to Anfield, do the tour, visit the shop etc. However they will be in Liverpool for about 10hrs. What else is there to do? My son is 4.
Also what is public transport like from the airport? would it be better to hire a car?
Thanks

Re: Day trip tp Liverpool

Public transport or a taxi is fine.....for further advice on Liverpool go to irishkop.com

Re: Day trip tp Liverpool

Taxi or bus is probably the way to go - no need to hire a car for that short duration.
We took in the souvenir shop, stadium tour and museum when were over for a match last year. Be sure to book the stadium tour in advance.
We got a taxi out from the city centre and asked the driver to bring us by Goodison Park (home of Everton FC) just to have a look - both stadiums are quite close to each other.
If they are looking to fill time then perhaps the Mersey Ferry might be an option ?

Good bus service between the airport and city centre , taxis out to Anfield/Goodison are cheap. Beatles museum at the Albert Dock is worth a visit. Ten hours in Liverpool will whizz by.

The bus from Airport to City Centre is no hassle, it drops you right in the city at a sort of central bus stop area where you can get a bus onto Anfield (which is only a short distance), there were a number of transport officials working at this bus stop area who will help you get the right ticket and bus!

Also i'm sure any 4yr old would love a trip on this, it was very funny and unusual! Again its close to the city centre at the Albert Dock, I would highly recommend this for a bit of fun! [broken link removed]

Her son is 4, what interest would he have in Albert Dock.

I can highly recommend the World Museum on William Brown St just down the road from Lime St Rail station. My 4 yr old loved it...about 6-7 floors to cater for all ages and its FREE

He'll love the bug exhibition and the insect section and on the top floor the outer space section. They also have dinosaurs, mummies (yummy ones aswell) and other stuff to keep him busy.

Back