Mortgage holders face €330 bill for Ulster Bank blunder

Knuttell

A blunder by a leading bank has left thousands of mortgage holders facing a hike in their repayments.

Ulster Bank has admitted that it miscalculated the tax relief on 7,500 home loans and will now take the money off the mortgage holders over the rest of the year.

Ulster Bank said the miscalculation amounted to around €64 on average for each householder affected. It said it would raise repayments by €16 a month, on average, until December to reclaim the money after giving the 7,500 mortgages too much tax relief in the year.
http://www.independent.ie/business/...30-bill-for-ulster-bank-blunder-30416895.html

More blundering from UB-They really should be using clown theme music in their ads.

Yes, I think they should absorb the cost of it as they are definitely the ones in the wrong here. The irritating thing is I rang them about the reduction they applied as I thought it was an error due to the SEPA implementation. The (oh-so-helpful) guy on the end of the phone said it was TRS and I queried why and why I had not been informed in advance and he told me it wasn't anything to do with Ulster Bank, that Revenue told them what to deduct. I didn't get any information from them about despite suggesting twice that customers should be informed. I think it is time to start complaining again.

Back