How to remove service warning indicators (thanks to mondeoman)

yea sorry i was not pulling the trip reset swith first time,but tried it the correct way now and all i am getting is service exceeded by x amount of miles and x amount of days ,service indication comes on if i do nothing seems to skip "service"when i pull the reset switch,just cant seem to resett it, its the 2.0TDI ,thanks for your time mondeo man

yea sorry i was not pulling the trip reset swith first time,but tried it the correct way now and all i am getting is service exceeded by x amount of miles and x amount of days ,service indication comes on if i do nothing seems to skip "service"when i pull the reset switch,just cant seem to resett it, its the 2.0TDI ,thanks for your time mondeo man

I have just noticed something-"vehicles on longlife service interval must have the service indicator reset using suitable diagnostic equipment"

if this does not effect you,then when X amount of days etc comes up then let go of stalk & switch off ignition.

mondeoman that worked thanks a million for your help that annoying service indication is gone now.Only thing now is milage count down appears frozen 9000 miles to next service,drove about 25 miles and still saying 9000 miles to next service.Again thanks a million for your help

Hey mondeoman, any chance you'd know how to get rid of the "Service Now" light from an '06 Seat Alhambra?

Thanks a million,
Debs

Hey mondeoman, any chance you'd know how to get rid of the "Service Now" light from an '06 Seat Alhambra?

Thanks a million,
Debs

Hi Debs,

1,press & hold the trip button on RH side

2,switch ON ignition (don't have to start engine)

3,the Word 'SERVICE' will appear in the trip recorder display.

4,Release RH button.

5,Turn trip button on LH side now to the RIGHT to reset the display.

6,Turn OFF ignition

(NOTE!! - vehicles on 'LONGLIFE' intervals must have the service interval indicator reset using suitable dianostics equipment:) )

Hope this helps you out.

Slightly different query here Mondeoman...

Any idea how to stop the doors on a BMW (07) 316 from locking automatically when driving?

Hi mondeoman.

I have an 01 corsa and the word "insp" appears at the milleage counter. It disappears after a while when Im driving. At the same time a light has come on the dash. Looks like a water valve. I checked coolant level and its fine. I've no manual only a Haynes but I cant see anything referring to this. The light does not go off.

Is this a service message? Im at 51k. Or do you reckon I need to bring to a dealer? Any advice appreciated. thanks

Hi mondeoman.

I have an 01 corsa and the word "insp" appears at the milleage counter. It disappears after a while when Im driving. At the same time a light has come on the dash. Looks like a water valve. I checked coolant level and its fine. I've no manual only a Haynes but I cant see anything referring to this. The light does not go off.

Is this a service message? Im at 51k. Or do you reckon I need to bring to a dealer? Any advice appreciated. thanks

Try This,

1,Switch ignition 'ON'

2,The Display will flash for 2 seconds

3,Keep the Trip button on RH side pressed until "....." appears in the display.

4,Release Trip button.

5,Switch 'OFF' ignition.

The water valve symbol you see is a warning about the engine emmission control system:(

Any idea how to remove the airbag light from the dash of a 2002 BMW 316i?

Only read post today. thanks for that. ill get emmission thing sorted. Didnt know if it was connected to inspection warning.

Mondeoman any idea how to reset a 03 320d E46. It has the miles countdown rather than the lights.

Mondeoman any idea how to reset a 03 320d E46. It has the miles countdown rather than the lights.

Hi ,Try this M8.

1,Switch ignition 'OFF'

2,press & hold LH trip button(beside fuel gauge)

3,turn ignition key to position '1'

4,after 5 secs the words 'oil service' or 'Inspection' are shown together with the message 'Reset' or 'RE'

5,Release trip button,then press & hold it again,after a further 5 seconds the message 'RESET' starts to flash.

6,Release trip, then press & release trip button again,

7,The new service interval is now displayed.

8,press & hold trip for 5seconds,the time based inspection is now displayed together with the message 'RESET' or 'RE'

9,release trip then press & hold it again,after 5 seconds the message 'reset' starts to flash

10,release trip button,then press & release it again

11.the new service interval is now displayed

12,press & release trip,the message 'END SIA' is now displayed.

13,Switch ignition 'OFF':D

EDIT!!!! LH trip(beside fuel gauge)

Thanks a million Mondeoman, you are an absolute star.

(if anybody else is using it - slight up dates its LH trip (yes beside fuel gauge) and for mine no. 6 above should read the same as number 10, don't intend to take from mondeomans excellent help just what worked for me. Also the time one seems to be for the brake fluid change, so if only got servce you mighn't need to update that one))

Thanks again Mondeoman most appreciated.

Last edited:
Thanks a million Mondeoman, you are an absolute star.

(if anybody else is using it - slight up dates its LH trip (yes beside fuel gauge) and for mine no. 6 above should read the same as number 10, don't intend to take from mondeomans excellent help just what worked for me. Also the time one seems to be for the brake fluid change, so if only got servce you mighn't need to update that one))

Thanks again Mondeoman most appreciated.

No problem glad to help.

you are right i ment to say LH trip,sorry about that,don't know what i was thinking:eek:

Hi Mondeoman,

Haven't a clue about cars. Like other posters, I get my servicing done at a local garage. My BMW 318i (2003) has had the insp message appearing for the last 5000 miles or so. Do you know how to fix it please?

Thanks in advance

Hi Mondeoman,

Haven't a clue about cars. Like other posters, I get my servicing done at a local garage. My BMW 318i (2003) has had the insp message appearing for the last 5000 miles or so. Do you know how to fix it please?

Thanks in advance

Hi m8,
Follow the instructions i gave to 'PATOR' but skip numbers 8,9,10 & 11.;) .

Back