Dads 50th Birthday --Ideas?

elayno

Hi All,
Its my dad's 50th Birthday in August, and im looking for ideas.. Ive booked a local venue, and organised a DJ, but im looking for any other ideas to make the night more special.. Any good ideas would be great.. thanks a mill

How about a nice cake?

I recently put 70 birthday candles on a cake. By the time I was lighting the last one, the first had nearly burnt out. The candles were quite close together,so the flame kind of merged. It was a scary few seconds until it was blown out!

How about a nice cake?

I recently put 70 birthday candles on a cake. By the time I was lighting the last one, the first had nearly burnt out. The candles were quite close together,so the flame kind of merged. It was a scary few seconds until it was blown out!

I hope you had a handful of 'trick' candles (that re-light) mixed in there.

Hi All,
Its my dad's 50th Birthday in August, and im looking for ideas.. Ive booked a local venue, and organised a DJ, but im looking for any other ideas to make the night more special.. Any good ideas would be great.. thanks a mill

This is always a hard one to ask in forums when we don't know much about the other person. Is he an avid fan of anything in particular? Could you work that into the theme?

What about pictures of your Dad through the years? Put them up on the walls around the venue. We did this recently for my folks 40th and it went down really well.

Make sure you get as many of his old friends, maybe ones he hasn't seen for a few years too.

How about a this is your life style presentation with a scrapbook / photo album?

Loads of old photos and snipets etc!

For my Dad's 60th last month, I bought a copy of the [broken link removed] book and spent a very long time gathering up old photos & memorabilia before scanning the whole lot and getting it printed out. After that, it was a question of editing the whole lot and many hours with a glass of wine assembling the book.

A hell of a lot of effort, but the look on my Dad's face when he went through it was absolutely priceless

Are you handy with a computer?

My cousin got married recently and her sister compiled a load of photos onto DVD. She played them in succession up on a big screen, zoomed in and out, had some appropriate background music, etc. It was incredibly cool. I understand that it took FOREVER to do, but the end product was spectacular.

You could collect photos of him from birth up to present day and make a 10 minute piece, all in chronological order. Then include family shots from when he got married to pictures of you (and siblings, if appropriate).

Anyway, I'm not sure I've explained that very well, but I hope you get the gist!

My Dad's retirement birthday is this weekend and as a complete suprise we're hiring a vintage car to bring him for a spin before going to the hotel that we're eating in. Had toyed with the idea of a limo but old cars are his thing- might be an idea.

Back