Days off work for wedding.

slookie

Just wondering if I would be entitled to any days off work for my wedding on Sat 20 dec this year. Wasn't sure and just want to know my entitlements before i say it to my employers.
Thanks

AFAIK, unless your company has a particular policy to grant days off for your wedding, there is no automatic entitlement to anything - you just book your holidays as normal.

As far as I know.

You didn't seriously think your wedding entitled you to more holidays? Paid for by your employer? You just take your days off as part of your normal holiday entitlement.

mf

Quote..You didn't seriously think your wedding entitled you to more holidays? Paid for by your employer? You just take your days off as part of your normal holiday entitlement.

Knew that every company was different, but just checking if there was a state entitlement

Quote..You didn't seriously think your wedding entitled you to more holidays? Paid for by your employer? You just take your days off as part of your normal holiday entitlement.

Knew that every company was different, but just checking if there was a state entitlement

I wish there was, all my girlfriends friends are getting married and it's costing me dear on holidays.

I wish there was, all my girlfriends friends are getting married and it's costing me dear on holidays.

Unless you're the one marrying all these girls, you've misunderstood the OP !!

My last employer automtically gives 3 days AL for your own wedding and 1 day for the wedding of a child/sibling...depends on the individual company.

My current employer doesn't even pay sick days....ah I miss the old days:eek:!!

A collegue of mine got married during the summer and got a week off work ... (pubic sector) - when I worked in the private sector I didn't get any time off... thinking about ditching Mr. HP and getting married again!

About 10 years ago my friend worked for one of the big banks and she benefitted from their policy to give one paid week off "for your first marriage"!

About 10 years ago my friend worked for one of the big banks and she benefitted from their policy to give one paid week off "for your first marriage"!

A friend of mine still works for the big banks and got two weeks fully paid leave!!

Worked in a small office, staff of seven, person getting married got five days leave plus €1,000 bonus, rest of staff got days leave not taken out of holidays to go to wedding.

I got an extra 7 days hols from my employer the year I got married. Very generous!

The civil service gives you up to 5 extra days on your annual leave, but will only bring it to a max of 25 days, so if you normally have more than 25 days annual leave you get nothing.

Worked in a small office, staff of seven, person getting married got five days leave plus €1,000 bonus, rest of staff got days leave not taken out of holidays to go to wedding.

Did they get the day off even if they were not invited to the wedding?

Back