Winding up a limited company

WGT

Hi,
I'm an IT Contractor with my own limited company. I mightn't do it, but just out of curiosity, is it true that if I wound up my company, I could give myself a 10k tax free gift?
Someone also told me that it's not so easy anymore to wind up a company, you have to pay for the priveledge.

Hiya,

I am currentl in the process of finishing up with my limited company. My accountant deals with all d maths typey stuff!!! However, i am finished contracting, i am not gonna close my company totall tho as just for future, its handy to have. Another reason i am doing this is cos there is a fee of approx 2.5k for actually closing off your limited company. An alternative is to keep it open but to do 0 returns on it every yeat, this only costs bout 50 euros every yr, which to b honest , for me at the mo is much nicer option than 2.5k.

This 10k tax free gift tho i have not heard about at ll, im thinking it is a fee that u possibly can right off against the cost of actually closing your company??

Who do you pay the €2.5k to? - Are the CRO looking for this?

Hi

First time I heard of this 2.5 k for shutting down Ltd co, anyone shed any light on this, is it the same story with a uk Ltd company.

Back