FE1 Exams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Carmody,

Sorry for late reply but I'm glad criminal went well for you. I thought it was ok, a bit tough alright but a lot better than I exected. They really do seem like so long ago but what a relief to be finished...of course not looking forward to December!

Em:)

Hey,

I rang the Law Society to ask about the date the results are out for October FE1s and I was told it will be mid-January.

Does anyone know if they just say that and then bring them out earlier? I had thought it would be December.

Cheers,
Carmody :)

The rumour mill will drive you mad - every week between now and Xmas you'll be told "definitely" they've posted the results...

And the Law Soc. are masters of diversion if you ring them up looking for a straight answer.

As far as I remember its mid-late December usually.

Hey Sherman,

Thanks for the reply. I'll just try and put it out of my head now. If it was December though it would be great so I would know whether to study for the next set or not in the New Year.

Have you done these exams before? If so, would you know if you answer the topic at hand and dicuss with reference to the relevant areas of law but your either mix cases up or forget their names, will you lose a huge amount of marks.

In most of my exams I had the correct cases or Acts but in one exam I blanked but I really did feel I had recognised the correct topics and applied the areas of law to answering the question asked.

Thanks a million,
Carmody:)

I only passed 2 out of the 4. Passed constitutional exam and Equity. Got 43 then in Criminal and didnt get Company either.. Im so disappointed but I will do them again in April.
I know where I went wrong in the two I failed and I had never done Law as a course or degree until June of this year, so Im proud of passing two on my first go, even if I have to do them again. Now I know what the exams are like and how to answer question I hope to be ok. I totally blanked in Company and in Criminal I mixed up all my acts and cases.So disappointing though.

Carmody.

I know how hard they are and there are SO many case names & dates to learn. Its as much a memory exam as anything else.
Anyway, best of luck in April. When do you plan to start at the study?

Heya,

Thanks a million. I've got over my disappointment now and just really going to get down to it. Going to strat studying in January 3 nites a week and 1 day at weekend and do my Grinds again from February. Hopefully April's exams will go better. Have a Merry Christmas.

Carmody :)

Hi,

Carmody, passing two was good considering you didn't do law in college so honestly don't feel bad and there is lots of time before April. I passed three, failed criminal...the one I thought was ok but suppose just goes to show you never know.

I wonder if anyone has sat the irish exam? I applied for jan but am just discovering that nuascealaiocht is out of print and seemingly impossible to get. Does anyone have any advise on where to get it or copies of the stories or if one of the other options on the syllabus is better to do and easier to obtain? Of course I've left it to the last minute so any help would be great!!!

Happy Christmas :)

Lou

Hey Lou,

CONGRATULATIONS on getting your three, thats really great1 Im over my disappoiontment now, just going to get the head down in January. I dont know anything about the Irish Exam sorry.

Well done again and have a lovely Christmas!! :)

Thanks Carmody,

Hope you have a lovely Christmas too....relax, enjoy the break and eat lots!!!

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back