insurance company medical

naughto

i had an accident at work last yr and i am taking a personl injury case against them they have all the medical reports from my gp and specialst that i want to(mris,legal medical report xray repots.pain killing inkections)they are now asking that i attend a different doc to be assesed.

what will intail in this assement?? and is this good for my cases?? i dont realy want to go to count if i can but by all means i will untill iget the result i want

have you a solicitor? talk to him/her for advice.

If not, how did they get all your reports? On what basis did you hand them over?

The Defendant (your employer) is entitled to have you medically examined, with your consent. If you do not consent, then they can go to court to apply for an Order compelling you to submit to examination.

The examination will be thorough and the examining doctor will consult with your doctor before submitting his report. The purpose of the consultation with your doctor is to get his/her opinion on the injury.

If not, how did they get all your reports? On what basis did you hand them over?

The Defendant (your employer) is entitled to have you medically examined, with your consent. If you do not consent, then they can go to court to apply for an Order compelling you to submit to examination.

The examination will be thorough and the examining doctor will consult with your doctor before submitting his report. The purpose of the consultation with your doctor is to get his/her opinion on the injury.
The defendent has no legal right to examine you unless they make a formal application to the judge .The insurance doctor is not a treating doctor and has no right to carry out intrusive procedures, such as xray/bloods/scans You really should have a lawyer

I would not think that an XRAY is an 'intrusive' procedure.

Normally the insurance company doctor will ask your doctor for results of scans, blood tests etc. This is partly because the insurance company do not want to pay for them to be carried out again!

You can of course refuse and let them go to court to get the order. That way you will make friends with them and the judge.

I would not think that an XRAY is an 'intrusive' procedure.
radiation is not intrusive? How do you know how many the Op has had before?

You can of course refuse and let them go to court to get the order. That way you will make friends with them and the judge.
I was just pointing out the legal fact the defendent does not have the legal right to examine the OP and that the insurance doctor is not a treating doctor and cannot do xray/bloods/etc. Op should have lawyer anyway

sorry about the delay in gating back to you.yes i do have a solicator and she told me what to except i posted in here to see if people have had 1st hand experiance wiith this sort of thing.they have no asked for mri xrays or any reposts of me yet no doubt they will my solicator will sort that for me.my solicator recons that they will ask for me to be seen a different bone specialst as well i have no problem goin to these people as the results will be the same my hand is ****ed.

is this good for the case that they have asked for me to a medical or is it normal pratice??

is this good for the case that they have asked for me to a medical or is it normal pratice??
it is normal. As stated they have not really a legal right to have you examined but it is usual that the two sides agree to an examination. I think you should ask your lawyer these questions tho and if you have any concerns ask her as she knows more detail.

Back