Has anyone bought the Aldi steam cleaner (13 August 2009)?

NicolaM

Hi all,
Looking at the various steam cleaning threads, I can't see any comments from people who have recently bought Aldi steam cleaners.
This is on sale since Thursday.
Has any one bought one, or bought one of these previously?
I am thinking about using it to clean upholstery

Nicola

Could not resist buying one.........

Have only tried it once so far, cleaning wooden (pine/varnished) floor and it worked very well. Plenty of attachments with it for cleaning various corners.

Easy to use, expect to get plenty of use from it.

Stop the lights, I actually have the yellow steam cleaner from LIDL.

Last edited:
I think I just might be tempted to buy it! (even if you bought the Lidl one ;) )

Nicola

Update:
I bought this product, and the one I got is completely unsafe.

While I was using it, the stem pressure pushed the nozzle attachment off the hand held bit, shooting boiling steam out (beside where my hand was), and shooting the nozzle extension off.
There is supposed to be a click in join that prevents this from happening.

I have informed the distributor, who are going to feed back to the manufacturer.

In my opinion, this is a serious design fault, which could cause serious injury.
It is possible that this was a one off fault in the product I bought, but given the potential for harm, this should not have passed quality control.

I am very unimpressed.

Nicola

They are steam cleaners.
That makes no difference to the fact this the product I bought was unsafe however.

Nicola

Dear NicolaM

Just scalded myself when the glass cleaning attachment fell off the steamer unit; there seems to be a little black plug missing from the attachment. Please would you post the name and address of the distributor and manufacturer so that I too can report this design fault before going to trading standards and forcing the withdrawal of all similar items from the shops.

Please note that this one is slightly different - is that just the colour?

Thanks
P2

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought one of these in Aldi a year ago. Steamed cleaned everything in sight the first day I got it. It wasn't very effective to be honest.

Since then it has been consigned to a cupboard with the juicer, coffee maker , smoothie maker and all the other useful gadgets that I only ever seem to realise I urgently need after browsing in Aldi !!

Hi P2,
Gosh, I hope you weren't badly hurt/burned when that happened?

Apologies I don't have the contact details with me at the moment: If you have a look in the box, there should be a phone number for contacting in case of any appliance problems: It's either on the warranty, or two little stickers that are in the box with contact details.

I tried to get the details from the Aldi website but the product doesn't seem listed there.

I think that is the same steamer, mine looked pretty much the same, but in black.

Would you mind posting back if you get any update on this?
(I was surprised that the distributors didn't want to even take my contact details to feed back about whether this was a recognised problem or not, and didn't ask if I had actually been burned)

Nicola

I got one in Lidl a few years ago, and it works fine on some things. Good at getting black scum off shower grout for example, and for jetting steam into small crevices to clean them. But like Emiso says, it only gets used once in a while. Have always treated it with extreme care however (it's like carrying around a kettle full of boiling water, so it pays to be careful!), and have had no such problems, but am sorry to hear about design flaws with the examples above.

Back