SCAM ALERT - European City Guide

snowdrop

Not for the first time - we have just received this European city guide scam order form - please be aware of it and bring it to your accounts dept's attention if you don't handle payments yourself.

if you sign and send back the form you're commiting to E 997 per year for three years plus each year thereafter unless notice given in writing to quit.

if you have done it - ignore the demands for payment.

go to

I have seen this several times in the past in client's accounts as payments and advised them of the issues. People still get caught on this though, especially in larger companies where assumptions are often made that it is something that the compnay should pay.

I was one of the duped ones some time ago.

Since then I have been getting letters and invoices which I bin without even opening.

However, today I got a phone call from someone speaking English with a Spanish accent purporting to be acting on behalf of the ECG. I said I didn't know anything about it and he said he would email me and hung up.

In the last hour I received a long email outlining the position. Reference is made a few times to my not cancelling the order during the "...cooling off period".

I wrote back listing half a dozen internet links highlighting what these people are at.

I have also set my spam detector to bin any further correspondence automatically.

D.

ps........

Go to their home page here>

http://www.europeancityguide.com/?fa=misc&fsa=contactUsDsp

...and click on either About Us or Products at the top right hand corner. Nothing happens! Hilarious!

Back