Octavia Electric windows opening randomly

Mucker Man

Hi, I bought a 05 Skoda Octavia in November 08 and on a few occasions all 4 windows have opened over night. I cannot pinpoint why this is happening. Anyone have a similar complaint/issue?

Is there anyone accidently pushing and holding the "unlocking" button on the key fob during the night, assuming that the car is within range of the house?

I bought a 2003 Octavia in 2006 and had a similar problem about a year later. I would find the windows open in the morning sometimes - or they would open/close at random - sometimes when I was driving! Pretty scary..... I took it to the dealer and they said that there was a known fault whereby the central doors/windows control mechanism (in the driver's door) would get damp and some of the terminals would corrode and cause intermittent problems. I had to get a new control unit and the problem went away. Sometimes, individual pins within the unit may be replaced (depending on how bad it is) but you'd have to get advice on this.....

I had the same problem with a new mondeo last year. Brought it back to the dealer and it was sorted. Wasn't pleased though because on one occasion it had rained and the interior of the car was soaked. Dealer was never able to tell me why it happened.

I have a 06 Octavia, my mam has a 05 and my brother has a 04 diesel. Real Skoda family here!
None of us have ever had this problem but that would completly freak me out.

I do have a question about a problem with mine and my mams Skoda, I'm gonna open a new thread since its a different problem, so hope some of you can help.

Back