Vacuum cleaner for ash / fireplace

born2bl8

Hi Experts.

Has anyone any experience with a vacuum cleaner OR an attachment to a standard vacuum cleaner for cleaning the ash from fireplaces.

Finding that the ash / dust gets everywhere when I sweep out the fplace.

Want to automate the task, preferably without setting my appliances / house on fire.
:p

Many thanks, born2bl8

I haven't used one myself but I know you can get an attachment for your vac. It is called an Ashmaster. I have seen them in Atlantic homecare so are probably in most DIY stores. The ash is collected in a seperate container to the usual bag in the vac as it doesn't damage your vac. Seems likea handy gadget but I can't vouch for how well it works

My OH uses it when cleaning the chimney twice yearly, great job. We bought ours in local hardware store, but I know LIDL have them every so often in their offers.

We have an ashmaster - and it was ok for about 18 months - but the hose was poorly made and bits fell off . Also we lost an important connection for the vaccum cleaner. So it's out of action .
There is a new version out from a different manufacturer - with it's own motor which we have ordered from a local shop. I don't know the name price or maker off hand - but will have it next Thursday hopefully and will report back.

thanks a million for the replies so far, I'm slightly cautious with vacuums at the best of times, set one (& almost my house) on fire once whilst vacuuming up sandings from my freshly varnished floors.

Back