Luton airport to London

E

exo2

Hi. I will need to travel from Luton airport to London city centre in a weeks' time. It'll be on a weekday, in the morning and I'll have a child with me. The options re. bus and rail are hard to decide between - any advice ?

Thanks.

Where in city centre are you heading to? I would automatically take the Thameslink - easy and quicker than a bus.

Thanks. I'll check out those links. My first port of call will be to the hotel which is near the Tower Bridge.

If you're heading to the Tower Bridge are then the train is your best bet for sure

Get a Brighton train from Luton Airport Parkway station (which is a short shuttle bus ride from the terminal) ... The Brighton trains will run through Central London including a stop at London Bridge Station which is extremely close to Tower Bridge

Journey time on the train is about 50 minutes

Thanks EvilDoctorK - that's great advice. I wa looking at changing to the Tube in order to get to the hotel. Do you know if it's any cheaper to book train tickets online before I go ?

I don't think there's any real advantage or saving to buying the ticket in advance - just buy the tickets from the machines / ticket window at the station in Luton

Thanks to all who posted. You've been really helpful, and I appreciate it. :)

Back