The Woods at Glounthaune, Cork

cmartin

Anyone know when these are being launched? The sign on the motorway has been up for ages.

No And I Have Been Looking On The Net For Any Information About These But Have Nothing. Im Really Interested Myself

Anyone know when these are being launched? The sign on the motorway has been up for ages.

I checked with the Estate Agent(DNG) in Cork, and they told me that the 4 bed detached are going to be put on the market for €1,000,000.
Best of luck

I wonder will the slow down in the housing market affect this developers pricing strategy.
I cannot understand the logic of paying excessive amounts of money(€1,000,000) for what is essentially a 4 bed in an estate.
With that kind of dosh, you could buy a site nearly anywhere in the city / county, build a mansion and have a significant amount money left over.
A friend of mine bought a site(Half Acre) in between Whitechurch and Carrignavar for €240,000 and built a 5 bed 3000sq foot house for €284,000, the overall cost of €520k.

I was looking at the sign myself. I cant belive they are that expensive!!! Crazy!!! Only up the road there is great value in Midleton. Although, If anyone is interested theres a fine 2500sf 6 bed detached house in riverstick (20 mins from Cork and 5 from Kinsale!!)for only 635. Its on with jeremymurphy.ie !!!

Kellerman we will be starting to build within the next few months (have just gone sale agreed) any chance you know the name of the builder?

make sure and get a good few builders to price it as i reckon they will all be looking for work over the next 6 months because of the slow down.. i know one big builder has let a lot of his workers go in the last week..
on the slow down ,i know somebody who is buying a new semi d bungalow for 410. reduced from 440, in a city suburb but the catch is that while it's 30k off it comes with no kitchen ,fireplace or built in's .. bit of a swizzzz

Hi,

I am pretty familiar with the area and I believe that €1M for a 4 bed detached in that development is off the wall. These guys in DNG are not familiar will real estate in Glounthaune if they think that they'll get that much. Did they indicate what sq. foottage the house is?

Also, so as you are aware, there is currently a raft of planning approvals and submissions for additional houses (approx. 300 houses - high density mix of apartment/townhouses/semis etc..) in this area and these will be beside or close to "The Woods". See here:

Lane Homes Demolition of existing dwellinghouse and construction of 39 no. residential units comprising of 4 no. semi-detached dwellings, 8 no. townhouses, 18 no. apartments and 9 no. duplex apartments and all associated site works - This is located adjacent to "The woods" and is APPROVED

O'Mahony Developments: Residential development of 256 no. dwelling units comprising of 22 no. terraced dwellings, 59 no. semi-detached dwellings, 20 no. detached dwellings, 72 no. own door duplexes and 83 no. apartments, a creche with outdoor play area, community centre, multi-use games area, neighbourhood play area, 5 no. local play areas, landscaped buffer zone along northern boundary and all ancillary site works and services to include surface parking, refuse stores, associated landscaping, internal roads and 1 no. vehicular site access - This is half way between "the Woods" and the Elm tree pub. - This is in the process of APPROVAL

So, more houses will be available in Glounthaune and "The Woods" is certainly not one of the more desirable locations.

To give you an idea of what I am talking about is that there is a 1750 sq ft 3 story house recently on the market in Cois Chuain (finsihed in the last 2 years) and has been sold last week for the asking of €680K. This is an elevated location with views of the harbour and a more desirable location than "The Woods". See here:

[broken link removed]

Don't give up hope on this because there is definetly still value in Glounthaune if you look around and not get caught up with the roadside bannered, fancy named marketing hype!

marble

Don Murphy is selling houses at Windsor Court. The prices are very saucy here as well. I'm not sure they're selling too well though as they have been advertised for months.

[broken link removed]

No. 1 3 bedroom Detached 1571 sq.ft. €780,000
No. 2 3 bedroom Detached 1475 sq.ft. €780,000
No. 3 3 bedroom Detached 1410 sq.ft. €760,000
No. 4 2 bedroom Detached 1055 sq.ft. €640,000

Per my last post, its seems these are overpriced and the 4 bed detached have been reduced from €1M to €925K! and 2 bed apartments were reduced by €75K!

[broken link removed]

Its also interesting to note that the auctioneer handling the development has also been changed in paralell with the price adjustment.

In any case, these houses were pitched too high by DNG and were not selling!

As previously stated, there IS still value in Glounthaune and you DONT need to be paying a MILLION. You just need to look around an not listen to Auctioneer "spin"

I took a drive up there last week...the houses look really ugly to me, from the outside at least.

was there on Sunday afternoon for a peek through the windows..
if you fancy the whole neighbourhood looking in at your bedrooms every time u open the blinds then go ahead and buy one .also the showhouse looks great for the split leve but there is a house directly behind with a window overlooking your kitchen ,patio and most of the garden..they must be joking with the price..

I was looking at the sign myself. I cant belive they are that expensive!!! Crazy!!! Only up the road there is great value in Midleton. Although, If anyone is interested theres a fine 2500sf 6 bed detached house in riverstick (20 mins from Cork and 5 from Kinsale!!)for only 635. Its on with jeremymurphy.ie !!!
relative to a million quid its good value. however the price of houses high in Midleton is inflated , a few thousand more and you can live closer to work and avoid daily gridlock if you work in City / have to go through tunnel. IMO.

Marble saw you have been keeping a keen eye on things in Glounthaune! I am interested in The Woods myself and am pretty impressed with the development and the finish of the properties. Plus of course the big advantage of not have to drive into work – the train on the doorstep. Anyway my point of writing is that the new selling agent seems to be more clued into reality – they have completely changed the pricing. You were right – there is value in Glounthaune. The detached houses are now priced at €760,000 and the lodges are starting from €415,000. That’s pretty good value in my opinion!

does ths have anything to do with the proposed new development very close by.. saw it somewhere 2 weeks ago that there will be a new dev,possibly by Lane builders ?

Back