Benalmadena

I

irwinsalegend

Has anyone been to Benalmadena in Costa del sol.
Going for the first time in July, Staying in the Hotel Vistamar apartments.
Any recommendations of things to do or see, places to eat would be welcome.

I was there in December with Mrs. K and K jr.

Benalmadena is a stone's throw from Torremolinos if you're into that sort of place but I'd avoid the latter like the plague myself.

Benalmadena itself is a mixture of middle of the road beachfront bars and restaurants as well as having a well-to-do yatch marina area with loads of shops and restaurants. As I was there in off-peak season most of the restaurants were closed but those that were open (in the marina) were quite reasonable and decent enough standard-wise.

The aquarium (near the marina) is worth a visit for half an hour especialy if you get there at shark-feeding time!

If you have young kiddies bring them up to feed the ducks in a most beautiful municipal park which is a five minute walk from the prom. There's also a theme park but we didn't visit.

Very much your typical summer sun holiday destination.

Hope this helps.

espana

was there last june. weather was great. avoid the hagglers on the street who try to bring you in to their pub as they overcharge. the little pubs are much better and cheaper too!

rented a car while there and went to gibraltar and granada. granada was great but gibraltar was not my cup of tea. it takes ages to get through customs and it is very english.

Back