Go Back   Askaboutmoney.com > General Financial Issues > Credit Union issues

Old 06-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Frequent Poster

Default Limit on withdrawals from Credit Union?

I hope to withdraw a sum of money from my credit union account - approx 10k to 15k - in the near future to pay a lumpsum off my mortgage. Does anyone know is there a daily limit on withdrawals, or does it depend on the credit union? I have checked the website for my CU but it doesn't say much, and I was unable to contact them by phone.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Frequent Poster

It is a few years ago now but I did withdraw a sum of a similar nature from my CU - no hassle. Perhaps give them a quick call and check but I doubt it will be an issue.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaky1 View Post
I hope to withdraw a sum of money from my credit union account - approx 10k to 15k - in the near future to pay a lumpsum off my mortgage. Does anyone know is there a daily limit on withdrawals, or does it depend on the credit union? I have checked the website for my CU but it doesn't say much, and I was unable to contact them by phone.
The amount should not be a problem as long as you are happy to accept a cheque. Cash of that order would be a problem without prior notice.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:00 AM
Frequent Poster

I did something similar last year ie take money from the CU to pay off the mortgage. They were able to transfer it into my bank account for me directly.