Go Back   Askaboutmoney.com > The Depths > Letting Off Steam

Old 27-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Frequent Poster

I would like to see the rule that states if your pay is reduced 2 years before you retire don't worry we will ensure your pension will be based on the highest salary possible for as you know its not our money really and we don't care!! I don't believe such a rule exists but there is a cancer at the heart of our institutions that has one rule for themselves and sod the rest of us. All those salaries were awarded in a time of largesse and pay back time should be now.

noah
Old 27-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOAH View Post
I would like to see the rule that
You can find all the rules at ; http://cspensions.gov.ie/
Old 29-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Frequent Poster

that is called a made up rule i.e it was concocted on the spot as a cop out, bear in mind the government at the time knew full well the country was in the mire but old habits die hard, viz well we wont be in power much longer but lets make sure we get as good a deal as possible. The pension rule that should have been applied was that that was contained in their contractual terms before 2009.

It is for behaviour such as this that all our TD'S would fight tooth and nail to prevent fiscal unity as they could no longer pull strokes such as this.

The reduction on higher pensions announced today by the current group, I refuse to call them a government they are not worthy, is no doubt because of pressure from the IMF and the 20% is only a start. Just imagine a german reading of those pensions and then being asked to bail us out!!

thanks for link