ptsb switcher questions

PGD1

Sorry if these have been asked before

- can I operate an overdraft on the PTSB "no charges" current account. I understand that interest charges would probably apply.
- do you need to maintain a minimum balance?
- has anybody had problems with the timing of switching and money not being available in the "old" account to pay a bill?

Thanks. I'm getting hammered for €50/quarter by AIB.

hi there PGD1,

I got this from PTSB, in reply to a similar query here some time ago:

Dear IrishPancake,

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding Permanenttsb's new Switch Current Account. Please see below features of the account and note the new hassle-free procedure for transferring your Current Account to Permanenttsb ! There is no limited time period on the terms and conditions, and there is no minimum balance required.You do not need to have a mortgage with Permanenttsb to avail of the account. There were criteria similar to those you have mentioned on a previous account type, the Loyalty Current Account, but these do not apply to the Switch Account.

Features of Permanenttsb Switch Current Account
* No lodging fees
* No withdrawal fees*
* No Laser fees
* No standing order fees
* No direct debit fees
* No quarterly fees
* Bank whenever you want - Open24 Telephone and Internet banking
* Bank wherever you want - phone, online or branch
* all-in-one ATM, Laser, cheque guarantee & Open24 card
* access to over 2,000 cash machines nationwide
* bill payment - just tell us who, how much and when
* overdraft, Visa and a full range of banking service

Switching bank accounts has never been easier...
Our Dedicated Switcher Team do it all for you! Join all the new current account customers switching to us everyday.

*Cirrus (ATM) transactions are charged on euro withdrawals outside the EU and also for non euro withdrawals. Lending criteria and
terms and conditions apply. Some charges may apply. Overdraft fees and interest applies. Any items that are returned unpaid (including
direct debits and standing orders) will incur the appropriate charge. For full details see our Personal & Business Banking Charges
brochure. To help improve our service to you, calls may be recorded. permanent tsb is a trading name of Irish Life & Permanent plc,
which is regulated by the Irish Financial Services Regulatory Authority.

Please contact one of our Switcher Team members on 1890 500195 and they will be delighted to advise you further.

hopefully it answers at least two of your questions!!

Back