Painters: Generally what price have you paid?

brian.mobile

Need two living rooms, a hall stairs landing, kitchen and bedroom done.

Any idea what this would cost?

BM

Standard (in the Northside of Dublin anyway) seems to be around €100 a day with you supplying paints. We got a small bedroom done - box room and it took a day. We also got a large hall, stairs and large landing down and it took close to a week. Hope that helps.

valentine said:
Standard (in the Northside of Dublin anyway) seems to be around €100 a day with you supplying paints. We got a small bedroom done - box room and it took a day. We also got a large hall, stairs and large landing down and it took close to a week. Hope that helps.

It took a week for a hall, stairs and landing walls to be painted :confused:

You didn't hire this guy did you?

[broken link removed]

Yes I did and he did a great job including the banisters on the stairs, all the skirting and 4 doors - and the hall is huge!

Hi Brian

I got a complete house done - 3 beds, attic and extension for 3.7k I supplied the paints to my Polish team of painters (asking price from the Irish guys was 8k - 10k)

Hi Deirda, I have heard that you get polish painters, do you have anyone you would recommend, Simairl to you most of the house needs to be painted and orginall wall paper stripped

thanks

valentine said:

I doubt there's many qualified painters about these days charging €100 a day. From the time I worked as a painter for a few months I can tell you the going rate was more like €250 - €300 a day, though, as with all trades, the trick is disguising this fact through charging for materials, expenses etc to remove transparency.

I was recently quoted €900 by a painter in west dublin to do my hall/stairs/landing. I thought this was robbery so I bought the paint/rollers/masking tape in the wholesalers on the Malahide Road (used to be Crown) for €68.My partner and I did the job over 2 evenings after work. About 7 hours in total. And a mighty fine job it is too.

The Polish painter's name is Chris - 087 6360172. He also has a great tiler on his team

Painting is the relatively easy part - preparing the surfaces (especially outdoors) is the real pain. We had a painter do practically the full house inside and out for €2.5K for a weeks work last year. I'd recommend him: Paul Mahoney, 221 Cashel Road, Crumlin, D12 tel 01-4561870/087-2760209.

Jaysus.

I suppose I got good value then seeing as I paid E 850.00 for

Living Room
Front Room
Kitchen
Hall
Stairs
Landing
One Bedroom

He wasnt bad either, but he was slow as hell though...

BM

Our bloke did the outside (wooden panelled windows and ledges front and back, front door and porch canopy stain and varnish, back wall which is plaster rendered, soffit and fascia boards) as well as the inside (ceilings, walls, woodwork). He also moved everything around himself and put everything back each evening, started at 7:30 each morning (got me out of bed early for a change!) and kept going all day and cleaned up afterwards. We could probably have gotten cheaper but we were happy to get a job done well/thoroughly by somebody sound and trustworthy. And considering it was the first repaint in 10 years :eek: since we bought the place new we considered it relatively good value.

ClubMan said:
Painting is the relatively easy part - preparing the surfaces (especially outdoors) is the real pain. We had a painter do practically the full house inside and out for €2.5K for a weeks work last year. I'd recommend him: Paul Mahoney, 221 Cashel Road, Crumlin, D12 tel 01-4561870/087-2760209.

Totally agree with this. When I'm painting in my own home I generally spend more time preparing the surfaces, filling holes, caulking joint lines, than I actually spend painting - and the finished job is far better as a result.

Approx 150 - 175 per day labour only in the south east.

AndyH
[broken link removed]

Back