Ulster Bank Regular Saver changes

Their website still shows it at 3. Strange that they rang you to tell you about a reduction. Normally they try to hide the fact about reductions so that you dont decide to move your money/account

He was persuing me to change over to another account. Sent me out brochures. Perhaps he is on commission.

The pending change to 2.75% won't be on the website, as he said rate not changing til next month.

UB do offer higher rates, such as 4% on the current regular saver on balances up to 15K, then 1% on entire balance.

But this a/c (closed to new customers) is paying 3% (and 2.75% come Feb if he is correct) on balances up to 100K.

So youre better staying with it. You could always open a 4% a/c as well, of course.

Shows how important it is to educate yourself on what savings products are out there, and not be taken in by someone on the phone.

I was also advised of the change to the Regular Saver rate at a recent meeting.

Can you just confirm this though:

UB do offer higher rates, such as 4% on the current regular saver on balances up to 15K, then 1% on entire balance.

Are you referring to the SIDA? I thought that paid 4% on first 15k and 1.5% on remainer, and no change to that account was mentioned.

He was persuing me to change over to another account.,,,,

Shows how important it is to educate yourself on what savings products are out there, and not be taken in by someone on the phone.

I thought UB would not allow one transfer money into another UB account i.e. that they only allowed you open a new account if the money was being fed in from another external bank account

Yes, very true as regards educating yourself. I'm leaving it in the one for 3% for now

I was also advised of the change to the Regular Saver rate at a recent meeting.

Can you just confirm this though:

Are you referring to the SIDA? I thought that paid 4% on first 15k and 1.5% on remainer, and no change to that account was mentioned.

I think I was wrong there. It's 1.5% on the remainder above 15K

[broken link removed]

Value is still quoted at 2.97% gross / 3% AER on the link. Where have you seen the reduction?

[broken link removed]

'' Value''... sorry i mean ''Interest Rate''... it is listed as 2.97% gross/3% AER on the link in your post,... just wondering where you have seen 2.75%

Row is as follows
Regular SavingsQuarterly1-100,000 2.97 3.00

'' Value''... sorry i mean ''Interest Rate''... it is listed as 2.97% gross/3% AER on the link in your post,... just wondering where you have seen 2.75%

Row is as follows
Regular SavingsQuarterly1-100,000 2.97 3.00

no. Not sure why your page is still saying teh old rate. It says

Regular Savings Quarterly 1-100,000 2.72 2.75

Here: [broken link removed]

Click the refresh button on your browser if the new rate is not appearing.

Not sure when this came in but just had a random look on UB's website and the rate has dropped again by 0.25%

Regular Savings Quarterly 1-100,000 2.47 2.49

Edit: that's it for me. Moving my cash now. Prob to An Post

I see that in the Sunday Times money section yesterday that they had UB
monthly savers at 3.5%. That's not correct ,is it?

I see that in the Sunday Times money section yesterday that they had UB
monthly savers at 3.5%. That's not correct ,is it?

The Sunday Times are not including the rate change announced in November 2012 with the effective date of late January 2013.

If a rate change has been pre-announced, then I personally think that all best buy lists should update their rates at that point in time rather then waiting for the effective date. It gives people the best possible information when opening an account.

The Sunday Times are not including the rate change announced in November 2012 with the effective date of late January 2013.

If a rate change has been pre-announced, then I personally think that all best buy lists should update their rates at that point in time rather then waiting for the effective date. It gives people the best possible information when opening an account.

Agree entirely with your way of dealing with rate changes in the Best Buy's

Yeah, that rate change was announced on 2 October 2013. There is no reason to keep that legacy Ulster Bank regular saver account open.

Back