Pre-Grown grass rolls

Finn

Hi,

I have a small area in my garden that I wish to put grass on, its about 20ft by 20ft. The handiest thing would be to buy that pre-grown grass that you can roll out. Does anyone have experience of this stuff, how much does it cost and could you recommend a supplier in Kildare?

Many thanks,
Finn

That sounds pretty good. Any idea what area would be covered by a roll and also do you need to order it or can you just pick it up there?

Thanks,
Finn

They had some in tallaght b&q at weekend just but it there and then

http://www.qlawns.co.uk will show you how to calculate amount. B&Q is hit and miss, there was a near scrap one morning in Liffey Valley over 2 customers getting turf. I heard a staff member tell a customer one day that it generally goes within half an hour so it is not that reliable a source.

Theres quite a lot of taking care of it at the beginning, as it beds in.
Make sure you butt the pieces very closely up together as otherwise you get bald patches. Theres [broken link removed], in the gardening section.
I got it for a four to five euro a roll at the end of last summer (can't remember exactly), so do some shopping around. I picked someone from the golden pages, also it takes up LOADS of space in your car and makes a real mess!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back