Avoiding Ticketmaster service charge

collieb

Hi,

I want to book four tickets to a concert on in the national stadium. The tickets cost 30.70 but ticketmaster website charges 3.85 extra per ticket as a service charge - almost 16 euro altogther which is a bit steep IMO!! Anyone any idea how I can get around paying this - or is it possible?

if you book directly with the national stadium, you shouldnt have the same service charge.
I always book directly at the book office in the gaiety and dont pay any service charges then

Thanks Momomo,

Just tried that but they say only ticketmaster sell them. Aaagh, it just kills me to fork out that extra few euro :mad:

if you think the irish service charges are bad, you should look at trying to book a ticket for anything in the US. The charge you convience charge (!) which was about 5dollars per ticket, plus they charge you for collecting the tickets, and a service charge. We worked it out as buying 3tickets instead of 2 really. annoying really.:(

Try SoundCellar on Nassau Street - they charge one euro service charge and stock most concert tickets.
You've not mentioned it but Ticketmaster have a credit card charge as well. Our own persona ticketmaster aka government have a 25% VAT charge hidden in there somewhere as well.

Go to a music shop which is a ticketmaster agent, they only charge 1 booking fee per transaction.

Go to a music shop which is a ticketmaster agent, they only charge 1 booking fee per transaction.
True - I bought tickets from the ticketmaster outlet in Stephens green and there was no booking fee, when on the net it was 3.85 per ticket. I also paid by laser to avoid the credit card charge - can't remember what it was.

It seems as though the ticketmaster policy has changed. I just bought 3 tickets with cash from the ticketmaster outlet in Stephens Green and I was charged an extra €7.20, i.e. €2.40 per ticket. I asked when they changed the policy but the bloke just grunted. He also short changed me and tutted when I asked for the correct change.

well its just another rip off, only way to beat it is a mass boycott of all these events

What do we want ?

How would a charge of 3% per transaction + €1 per ticket sound sound ?

didn't pearl jam try to do a tour in th us without using ticketmaster and then took some kind of high profile moral crusade that resulted in them appearing before a senate committee or something.....crap music but good principles!

Wake up and smell the spam guys - a 3 year-old thread re-opened by a would-be advertiser.

Posting here as I didn't want to start a new thread on it.

Went to book Christy Moore tickets online with trickymaster.

€6.20 service charge per ticket!

Shocking. Tickets €49.50. Daylight robbery. Didn't book them, going to head up to Jervis and check the stalls there. Don't think the charge is applied there.

Go to Sound Cellar on Nassau Street first and pay cash, only €1 extra per ticket. Ring in advance to check they have them.

Back