The cheapest non-Irish stockbroker

Has anyone tried [broken link removed]? Their registration process is straightforward, though I haven't completed it yet. They are well admired in the US, particularly by Motley Fool.

Seems like cheap trading in US equities.

Does anybody know what is the reason for the $1 "confirm fee" charged by Firstrade? Trades are a cheap $6.95 each, but I discovered that they were tacking an extra $1 "confirm fee" onto the trade....

Can anyone confirm...that is using firsttrade...that they will transfer money from your firsttrade account to an Irish bank (albeit for $35 a pop)?

I am considering signing up to use interactive brokers as many posters here have used them.

Is it possible to purchase stocks from the London AIM with interactive brokers and if not which online brokerage would be best?

FIRSTRADE- any 1 having problems getting on to this site???

any 1 having problems getting on to this site since yesterday???

Firstrade

The changed IP addresses, delete cookies & temp internet files and all OK

I'm with using hoodlessbrennan in the UK, charges £7 for transactions.

Can anyone tell me what the downside to using these guys is (if any) in general and regarding taxes etc? Noone ever mentions them here so im starting to think i might be doing something wrong??

I'm with www.firstrade.com who charge $6.99 USD per trade, with no monthly charges or maintenance fees, which is a great deal compared with other broker out there!!

Brilliant Broker if you want trade on the NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX!!

I've been with them for a year now and very happy with their service..

Have used interactive brokers for the last 3 yrs. An old colleague of mine uses this for his wealth management business in Canada, he manages all his clients P&L's through this system.

I use it for all US trade and it knocks the socks off anything I have ever used and would highly recommend it.

I'm with www.firstrade.com who charge $6.99 USD per trade, with no monthly charges or maintenance fees, which is a great deal compared with other broker out there!!

Brilliant Broker if you want trade on the NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX!!

I've been with them for a year now and very happy with their service..

Hi guys,

but can I invest on the UK-FTSE online as well sorry? If so, which choice would you recommend please?;)

Thank you v. much for your answer on this

Firstrade can only be used for trading US exchnages. Interactive Brokers is the most 'international' of brokers, allowing for trading on UK and US makets as well as many others (but not the Iseq).

Firstrade can only be used for trading US exchnages. Interactive Brokers is the most 'international' of brokers, allowing for trading on UK and US makets as well as many others (but not the Iseq).
Trades on the paris exchange are min $4 max $29 is that cheap? US exchange is min $1 then 0.5% incl and thereafter.

Trades on the paris exchange are min $4 max $29 is that cheap? US exchange is min $1 then 0.5% incl and thereafter.

Paris commissions are actually 0.1% of value of order with a min fee of [SIZE=-1]€[/SIZE]4 and a max of [SIZE=-1]€[/SIZE]29. Therefore, if you buy [SIZE=-1]€[/SIZE]5,000 worth of stock, you'll pay [SIZE=-1]€[/SIZE]5, [SIZE=-1]€[/SIZE]10,000 = [SIZE=-1]€[/SIZE]10 euro, etc. Is it cheap? I wouldn't complain.

Regarding US rates - note that commissions work out at $1 per 200 shares. If you bought 1000 shares of Google - about $580,000 worth at the moment - you would pay $5. The 0.5% commission is the maximum that will be charged on any transaction and is designed to ensure that purchases of very cheap shares do not become prohibitive. For example, if you bought 100,000 shares of a penny stock trading at $0.10, you would be charged 0.5% of the value of the transaction ($50) as opposed to the normal rate of $1 per 200 shares (if there was not a cap of 0.5%, that transaction would work out at $500). Or, if you bought 1,000 shares of a stock trading at $0.50, you'd pay $2.50 in fees (0.5%) rather than the usual rate of $1 per 200 shares.

See http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/accounts/fees/commission.php?ib_entity=uk

and
http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/accounts/fees/commission.php?ib_entity=uk

to help out a complete newbie, can anyone tell me how to get around the foreign bank account requirement for many of the cheapest brokers - e.g. Hoodless Brennan have their service open to most countries, but you seem to require a UK personal bank a/c. Is there any way around this?
Cheers
B

HI,
Can anyone confirm the following - if using the TD Waterhouse online broker ( [broken link removed]. )
"There are no account maintenance fees as long as your balance is above STLG 5,000 or you make one trade per quarter.
TDW UK - no annual fee. Online trades STG12.50 "

The TD site seems to say different to this previous post ?
Anyone have experience of them ? ( TD Waterhouse )

thanks

Folks,

Another online Broker worth checking out: TrackData (MyTrack).

They aren't the cheapest by any means, but, do have volume rebates, an excellent Text Chat facility, which is available throughout US trading hours (15:00hrs - 21:00hrs GMT), and they have a Web based platform (in addition to your personal platform) which means you can trade from any PC/Laptop anywhere.

The details of how to open an online trading account with them, the Software download, and online paperwork access can be found on the Left Hand Side Colum of the following site:

www.ticn.com

Hope this helps. If you need any more info. don't hesitate to contact the folks at the above site, they are Irish based, and very helpful.

Back