Tesco open? Easter Sunday

Squonk

Is Tesco open today does anyone know? They are not answering the phone but the website shows all stores open 24hours which I don't believe. Thanks.

Sign up in Stillorgan "Closed Easter Sunday". And on Easter Monday when the Easter eggs will be half price they still won't be worth it!

Think I saw an ad in one of the newspapers which said they are closed to-day. Dunnes definitely are.

Looks as if diy stores might be open though.

Superquinn was definitely open on Easter Sunday last year. I think I saw a notice saying that they are also open this year.

Why do the big supermarkets close on easter Sunday when they will loose customers to the smaller super valus etc?

Probably something to do with the premium payments staff would receive if they worked that day.

Why do the big supermarkets close on easter Sunday when they will loose customers to the smaller super valus etc?
Maybe they think it is a good idea for staff to spend time with their families on holiday weekends (as Fergal Quinn used to say when he was in charge at Superquinn), or am I dreaming?

Back