Priory hall

thedaras

Latest news;Priory hall builder tom mcfeely jailed by order of high court..
Jailed for three months and fined 1 million euro

[broken link removed]

Last edited:
I wonder can the €1m be put towards the cost of hiring a reputable builder to finish the work?

Delighted to hear that,I hope that 1 mill is collected and used as a starting point to offset the cost of repair and accommodation for those unfortunate enough to have had any dealings with that "gentleman"

I seem to remember when the residents of Priory Hall confronted him outside the court a few weeks back he said that the bank had already taken his house, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this fine to be paid.

He has a Picasso,he once boasted he was to busy to hang it on the wall and left it propped up against a piano...

yeah, free and back out. Dublin Corpo did'nt contest his appeal to the Supreme court.....why, oh why? 1 can only imagine

yeah, free and back out. Dublin Corpo did'nt contest his appeal to the Supreme court.....why, oh why? 1 can only imagine

1 does not need to "imagine". One just needs to think through the issues and read the Supreme Court's decision.

I didn't think that Dublin City Council had any jurisdiction over a criminal matter, so I was surprised when the Supreme Court crticised the City Council for not being represented.

Justice Nicholas Kearns jailed him and he appealed that judge's decision.

The reasoning of the Supreme Court seemed better to me.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1117/prioryhall.html

But later this afternoon, the Supreme Court agreed with counsel for Mr McFeely that the works deadline was not until 28 November and Mr McFeely could not carry out works after being ordered off the site.

The stay will last until a full Supreme Court appeal is heard.

Chief Justice Susan Denham said it was extraordinary that Dublin City Council had failed to show up at today's hearing.

Back