how long does a bottle of whiskey or sherry last from once they are opened ?

Molli

Just wondering how long does a bottle of whiskey or sherry last from once they are opened ?

I would have thought pretty much forever.

You can check on the manufacturers website.

Baileys doesnt keep - maybe 6 months from the date of opening, same with Tia Maria. (I only know because I had to throw out partially full bottles of each after checking on the manufacturers website) - but I think that 'spirits' keep.

I don't the spirit will go off, but if there is a large head space in the bottle the alcohol will start to evaporate and the spirit may not be full strength.

Just tasted the Harveys Bristol Cream, the bottles been there for years opened maybe with just 1 glass gone out of it and it tastes ok to me, saying that I'm not into drink anyway. I just dont want to poison anybody.

My father gave my children cornflakes when they were 6 years out of date when they were staying over.

My father gave my children cornflakes when they were 6 years out of date when they were staying over.

I feel that this should be only the opening sentence in at least a paragraph...

was it intentional? did your children get sick? so many questions.

I'm sure it didn't kill them (and if it did I missed the media coverage).

"The Cornflake Killer", no, I couldn't have missed that.

I used to give the kids out-of-date crisps when they called at halloween....

Did your neighbours give you funny looks ?

("Look Mummy what that mean xxxx at no 8 gave us"

"stop complaining , they're better than the cornflakes grandad gives you" )

He also used to give them their Christmas pressies wrapped in the previous years Christmas paper. There was one year he sent them a card with the original recipient's name blacked out and their name inserted beneath.

He also used to give them their Christmas pressies wrapped in the previous years Christmas paper. There was one year he sent them a card with the original recipient's name blacked out and their name inserted beneath.

Way ahead of the 'Reduce, REUSE, Recycle' campaign!

When he gave flowers on, say, Valentines Day, did he remember to remove the attached card that said " in loving memory" ?

Back