Claiming tax back for dental treatment

alexandra123

Hello All,

I need to get a bit of dental work done and it appears from the MED 1 form that I cannot claim for extractions or fillings. I thought that we were allowed to claim for these procedures. Was this changed in the last budget ?

Aren't dental expenses claimed via MED2 not MED1?

Budget 2010 I think:

http://www.dentist.ie/resources/services/prsidentistry.jsp

The practitioner provides the patient with the Med 2, which outlines what type of allowable treatment has been performed, and the taxpayer claims the relief on their Med 1, where the dental is included along with any other allowable medical expenses...

That link is to do with the treatments covered by Dental Benefit i.e. covered / partially covered by A class PRSI contributions.

MED2 is for big dental work like crowns, veneers, doesn't cover routine work such as fillings, extractions.

Hello All,

I need to get a bit of dental work done and it appears from the MED 1 form that I cannot claim for extractions or fillings. I thought that we were allowed to claim for these procedures. Was this changed in the last budget ?

No, routine dental work has never been allowable for tax relief (not for donkey's years anyhow)

Back