Rent a room scheme for mortgage approval

Finlandia

Hi I hope I have posted this in the correct forum

I am trying everything I can think of to get mortgage approval to buy my ex out. I will talk to the bank but just wondered before I approached them if anyone has tried this before, I have someone who wants to rent a room off me through the rent a room scheme.

Would this be classed as additional income and would the bank accept it as they no longer accept Guarantors. Any advice would be great

They did when I was applying for a mortgage a number of years ago. Not sure what they will accept now, It seems you have been in contact with them about the buy out and taking over of the mortgage. There is no harm in asking them and see what they say.

i was in contact over a year ago about buying out but wasnt earning enough i didnt mention the rent a room scheme as it was only suggested to me recently and wondered if anyone else has gone down this route

EBS will take future income from renting rooms into consideration on mortgage applications AIB and BOI won't.

I will talk to the bank and let you know how i get on fingers crossed if you can think of any other way around it or have anyother suggestion i would be delighted thanks again

How did you get on Finlandia? and with which lender?

Back