San Francisco

A

aubreym

I am traveling to SF in march for a week. Does anyone have any ideas on reasonably priced accomodation ?Is there any option other than hotels? Any advice would be appreciated, as would a good site about the city & what to do...

This place is worth checking on - unusual place, very central (but see below), great views from the rooftop deck and full of character:

I was there last year and while the room rates were competitive enough at the time the rooms are pretty small, there is no air conditioning and the area is a bit noisy and can appear a bit dodgy (Tenderloin - lots of homeless people & drunks but that's SF for you!).

It might be worth checking for accommodation on the outskirts of the city if you will be driving as it may be cheaper than city centre.

...and if you are intending to drive, make note that in San Francisco there are more cars than car parks!

victorian guest house

We were in SF last New Year - friends of our booked Chateau Tivoli and it was beautiful...

//www.chateautivoli.com/

All fully restored and absolutely beautiful with each of the rooms having a different theme. Even though it is a B&B the owners don't live there - staff come and go in the morning and evening.
It was very reasonable for what we got and we definitely did not have an extravagent budget available. We'd really love to go again...

Spent a few days in SF 2yrs ago whilst working over in the States.
I Found the Carthwright Hotel very good.
Its small Hotel, very Clean, not too expensive,
Can't remember how much it costs us, but can safely say it was very good value for money.(Very Reasonably priced).
Its on the corner of Sutter and Powell just a couple of minutes walk for Chinatown, Union Square, Market Street (In other words very central).
Blues and Jazz bar not far away if your into it.
Has Car Park on next Street, around corner from Hotel, just organised at Reception when i arrived to leave the car in Carpark for 4/5 Days.

Hope this helps.

SF

Have you tried a hostel? You will find listings at Hostels.com Most have private rooms.

Back