Back to work with same company after redundancy

D

decd

Quick question. I was made redundant in oct 2010. Received a settlement and went on Jobseekers. I've now been asked to rejoin my ex company , as they got new contracts, on different pay and conditions etc. Not too worried about that but more will it have any tax implications on my redundancy, especially rejoining within a year? I hadn't thought about it until a friend in passing had thought they'd heard there might be implications. Just want to put my mind at ease. Thanks

Same grade but different role. Could eventually go back to similar role.

As you are going back to a different role I don't see any problem about your redundancy and your return. What this leads to in the future is irrelevant now.

If I were you, I would check the implications for tax on your redundancy lump sum on rejoining same employer within a year. Hope it works well for you.

I would have thought that it was completely unlike the Aer Lingus case where the staff were all re-hired into the same roles, just on different pay and conditions. It was their case that prompted the whole review of letting people go and rehiring. Yours sounds more like a "genuine" case and should not have tax implications, but you should get tax advice from a qualified tax accountant or such

Thanks to all for the replies. Will check it out with a tax consultant.

[FONT=&quot]Free information on the latest news and information on the market! Get free subscription now at HOTTESTPICKS dot NET[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Back