Lusk Village,Chapel Farm, Dun Emer

erick

Your opinion about the place, good and bad things about the development......your personal experience on the area.

Re: Your views.....lusk village,chapel farm, dun emer

I haven't had much experience of the area but I did take a drive up to Lusk a couple of weeks ago. It looks like an area of immense potential, with close proximity to other lovely villages like Skerries, Donabate and Rush.
From previous posts I suspect most people in the new developments are very happy there. Are you thinking of buying there?

Sunster said:
I haven't had much experience of the area but I did take a drive up to Lusk a couple of weeks ago. It looks like an area of immense potential, with close proximity to other lovely villages like Skerries, Donabate and Rush.
From previous posts I suspect most people in the new developments are very happy there. Are you thinking of buying there?

Thanks sunster.......thinking of buying :-I .... I heard it has a good potential...but lets hear from the people whos living there...

I agree...I'm seriously thinking of buyng into Lusk Village. Hope we get the view of some Luskovites soon!

Hi

I moved into Chapel Farm at the start of March and personally I love the area. I know that at the moment there isn't much in the place but in time there will be a lot more shops, bars restaurants etc. (I presume!) but at the moment as mentioned in the other posts it is really close to the likes of skerries, rush and swords all which have a lot of amenities. The bus service is quite good, the 33 bus leaves from balbrigan and goes into the city about 1 every 1/2 hour, there is also the train station which is not too far away from the village, a bit of a walk but very close in the car/bus. All in all I would recommend that any one looking for a bit of country life not to far from the hustle and bustle of city life have a look at Lusk.

Should be in our house in LV in 2 weeks... really looking forward to it. As already said, theres not alot in Lusk itself but very close to Skerries/Rush/Swords so anything you want should be available there. There's plans for amenities in Lusk but I'm not sure how long these are going to take. Heard a rumour about a Tesco aswell.

It's actually a supervalue. It opened on Wednesday. Personally, I'd describe the bus service as marginally better than worthless, rather than quite good. The train is a far better option for most things. It takes about half an hour to walk from Lusk Village to the station. Add about 10 minutes for Dun Emer or Chapel Farm. Try searching through the forum, and you'll find quite a few posts about Lusk.

Everyone must be blissfully happy here!

I done my research about lusk, ...from the people who share their views about the place...... according to them, Lusk is an ideal place for a family, it seems lusk is a perfect place to live in.....people are friendly, developments are beautiful and the place are truly magnificent...fresh air with a green fields!....compare to others, Lusk really had the good potential though not much of ameneties !......

I had another look at the area and viewed a couple of houses. Although I wish there were more amenities, I think the good things about Lusk seem to more than make up for that.

Just confirming about the place, I visited the place just recently and this is my own observation.....please do comment and correct me if Im wrong....going to Lusk, only one road from main road, if this is closed whats the alternative ?...3 big developments at the moment, not even one fast food is available !.....Wheres Dun Emer ? Their main gate is missing is it in the back of the development....no street lights in some part of the developments, no speed limits, no footpaths.....not enough parking lot in the train station, no health center or even 'mini hospital'...Im looking for the fire station and the schools, just wondering where is it located...Is it enough gardai to secure the increasing inhabitants of the place...this are all my observations on the area, but inspite of this...I think its a nice place to live in...I still have time to think and decide, the question is what developments in the area...your suggestion is highly welcomed.....

we live in lusk village estate and i think it is easily the best designed in the town, with good landscaping and with a bit of character as well - unusual for any large estate. Chapel Farm is dull and pretty uninspiring by comparison. Dun Emer is a bit bland.
Minuses in Lusk Village are the lack of a residents association and the potential dangers to young children from traffic that sometimes goes far too fast. There are virtually no signs in the estate urging caution. Also the high density might not be to everyone's choice

- There are actually two roads into Lusk from the R132. If you carry on towards Belfast, you'll pass a garage with a Spar attached. The second entrance is just past that.
- If you take that road, you'll drive past the back end of dun Emer.
- The new development with the supermarket includes a health centre.
- There are two junior schools, the national school which is next to the church, and the educate together which is on the road into Lusk from the main road. There isn't a secondary school.

web site for people living in Lusk village, chapel farm, dun emer.....?

Hello, Im just wondering if theres a website for forum in each deveopments...I heard some developments have their own web sites that residents can communicate to each other about the development and not only that it also help them create unity and help each other to monitor their community....I think its a good idea, speacially in this nice and small village....to prevent any abuse and not to ruin the beautiful place of Lusk... Any comments !

we were looking at buying in lusk village. Now I'm no expert in planning law, but my sister is so I ran it pasted her. To the best of my knowledge it is against the ost basic of planning regulations to have only 1 door seperating a bathroom & kitchen...the architects in lusk village don't seem to be aware of this fact. I couldn't see myself buying a property from a company with such a blatant disregard for regulations...it would just leave me wondering what else wasn't as it was suposed to be.

I think it was only 1 of the house types that had this issue.

I've grown up and am still living in Lusk.Went to college in UCD,just finished there, have a good social life in town.But no hope of ever buying a house anywhere closer to town, now do I???!!I think all the new houses are tiny, but I suppose they aren't the worst of some I've seen.

Sunster said:

When did Skerries and Rush become villages?

They are towns.

Seagull said:
- There are actually two roads into Lusk from the R132. If you carry on towards Belfast, you'll pass a garage with a Spar attached. The second entrance is just past that.
- If you take that road, you'll drive past the back end of dun Emer.
There is actually another one taking a right at Murtaghs Pub (300 meters after the above) on the R132. It will bring you into Lusk via the church, onto the Skerries Road.

My apologies, didnt mean to offend. They seem like villages when one is used to living in London and New York.

Back