Tax on UK Pension Lump Sum

ATN

[FONT=&quot]Good afternoon all,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I am due to receive a UK Pension later this year.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Can anyone enlighten us as to whether the lump sum element, which is tax free in the UK, is taxable in Ireland?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have read elsewhere that the revenue here do not recognize "tax free“ elements allowed by UK Revenue.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If anyone can help, Thanks![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Anthony [/FONT]

an irish Form 11 or 12 has a section for UK pensions paid with a section then for tax deductd on that pension. If you are Irish resident and domiciled then you are taxable on your worldwide income with credit for tax paid abroad. I would think you will be taxable on this lump sum.

Double taxation relief. The point of having taxation agreements is that an individual should be worst of as a result of moving countries!!

Are you resident, ordinarily resident and domiciled in Ireland?

Thanks all for the response.

I am Irish resident and domiciled for past 10 years working as a sole trader.

I worked for 20 years in the UK and hence the UK company pension ( final salary) entitlement.

I have no other pension.

I am in the same position as you. I tried the Revenue office and the lady answering the phone seemed unsure. I also emailed the revenue but no reply so far. Would be interested in any further info. Is it possible to leave the lump sum in Uk and take it at a later date?

Back