Mortgage Self Build

W

whelo

Hello

I currently have a site adjoining my sisters house. The site has planning permission for a house. the problem is that the permission is in brothers name and includes an occupancy condition. Can I get a mortage to build the house on my own or would my brother need be part of mortgage. it is intended. Any advice or suggestions are welcome.

Thank you

the dwelling when completed shall be occupied by the applicant and shall remain so for period of at least 5 years.

Does the applicant have to own the house or just provide evidence that they live in it

Regards

normally those clauses say that the house must be occupied by the applicant or members of his immediate family, which would mean you qualify. as hes obviously not trying to sell it on for a profit to some "damned blow-in", they might not mind too much.

Yes, the wording of the clause normally includes family. I would imagine however that if you intend to occupy it for the next 5 years, that you could simply write to the planning office, setting out your proposal and they might decide no further planning approval is necessary in the circumstances.

Back