Microwave oven with door hinged on right or bottom?

ClubMan

I never noticed this before but it looks like the vast majority of microwave ovens have their doors hinged on the left hand side and cannot be reconfigured (e.g. like fridge doors) to open the other way. This is very awkward when the oven needs to be sited such that it's against wall on the right hand side. Anybody know where one can buy a microwave with a right hand side hinged door, or one that can be reconfigured from left to right or one that opens downwards and is hinged at the bottom? Thanks.

Now that was a tough one. [broken link removed] is the only one I could find. Although it looks expensive.

While it was the only one I could find on the web, luckily enough they have an irish dealer. Let us know the price.

Houseworks Ltd
11-15 Upper Erne Street
Dublin 2 Phone:00353 167 69511
Fax:00353 167 69519

Thanks - it's not for me but for an acquaintaince and I suspect that this model/supplier might be beyond the budget in mind.

I have an LG one that opens down, but it's a few years old now. Can't remember where it was purchased, but most likely to be one of DID, Power City, or Argos.

Quite a few built-ins tend to open up or down, probably not where they're looking for though, unless they fancy building a small cabinet around it.
Leo

Miele do a combination oven ie microwave and convection with a bottom hinge.

€1,600 + though !!!

Back