How much do Plumbers/ Carpenters/Elect. Charge per day

finbarr

Hi all

Just trying to figure out how much a plumber and or carpenter would charge per days labour. I remember being told a couple of years ago that plumbers were earning €250 per day. Iassume its more than this now is it?

Thanks Finbarr

If they are C2 registered I would expect to pay at least 300.00euro per day and anything from between 200 and 250 if they are not. Where you are in the country will also have a bearing on price.

Hi ,

I'm in kildare which I sippose is the same as dublin when it comes to pricing etc?

had the 'pleasure' of hiring a few plumbers over the past year in dublin....€80 per hour or part there of. 1 even quoted over the phone to me that the job i descirbed would take 2 hours @ 80 pr hour.
He arrived and and it took 40 minutes. he still charged me for 2 hours....i had no comeback as i agreed to pay him what he quoted over the phone!!!!
So beware and be very aware....ur dealing with the devil's own in my opinion here.....best of luck, but be sure to have all in black and white before they arrive.....and allways get a receipt - don't let these guys off with a 'cash' job

So you accepted a quote over the phone and now your complaining that he finished the job quicker than he thought. I think he was been very reasonable in only charging 2 hours in the first place. Suppose the job was trickier than he thought and took 3-4 hours would you be paying him for actual time spent working? It cant work both ways

So you accepted a quote over the phone and now your complaining that he finished the job quicker than he thought. I think he was been very reasonable in only charging 2 hours in the first place. Suppose the job was trickier than he thought and took 3-4 hours would you be paying him for actual time spent working? It cant work both ways

I have a feeling the poster would have ended up paying for the 3-4 hours work. The 2 hours he charged over the phone is probably the minimum charge to make it worth his while to go and do the job. They are like supermodels. They don't get out of bed for less than a certain amount. :)

2 hours would be the very least i would expect a tradesman to charge. Some try to charge travel each way , half day minimum charge.
But i suppose the point i was trying to make is the poster accepted a charge for a job and complained when it was done quicker than they thought. Personally i think its madness to accept a quote when the builder hasnt seen the job, in this case it was probably easier than the builder thought but it could have been harder.

.....and always get a receipt - don't let these guys off with a 'cash' job
From a tax perspective, how can getting a receipt help ? The last receipt I got from a tradesman was from a receipt book you could buy in any office supplies shop. I could have written it myself.
It'd be interesting to find out if you could send all these receipts into the Revenue Commissioners & have them act upon it.
I'm sure the Scandinavians have solved the answer to this problem...

Get a quote for the job- it is then in the tradesman benefit to get it done and get paid

Remember bringing out a guy via Bord Gais and it was based upon X for the first 30 mins and then X for each subsequent block of minutes.
Had to call him on it as he spent the first 30 mins, going in and out to his van

Back