Where to view the sunrise in Dublin?

Green

Hi, I'm looking for a location in dublin where I can see the sunrise. While I appreciate it can be seen from a variety of angles and places, I was looking for somewhere on a hill perhaps? Strange one I know but any thoughts suggestions would be appreciated....

We're on a hill. You can see if from my bedroom*. I'll have to ask the wife first though.

* And not just when I bend over.

Somethings in life are such constants, sunrise, sunset, taxes, death, and Clubman's irrelevant humourings....:D

Oh dear. I seem to share a sense of humour with efm. S/he has my sympathies - it's done nothing for me.

Funny sunrise's in Howth - is that Howth Australia maybe? ;)

On the south side - how about Killiney Hill? - Just watch out for the doggers

Doggers in the am? strange....anyways can you drive any or all of the way up Killiney Hill?

Doggers in the am? strange....

Well I'm no expert so maybe Dogging is confined to pm hours only - you obviously know better !! :)

....anyways can you drive any or all of the way up Killiney Hill?

You can drive to the car park and then walk up to the obelisk - it's about a 15 min walk if my memory is correct, but it's been a while since I was up there - once there you have uninterrupted views of the Irish Sea, down the coast to Wicklow and over the city to Howth.

So...is this for photography or proposal purposes, or a bit of both and a bit of how's your father ??

Well I'm no expert so maybe Dogging is confined to pm hours only - you obviously know better !! :)

Stan Collymore's autobiography is my only reference source on this...

So...is this for photography or proposal purposes, or a bit of both and a bit of how's your father ??
One of these............

Hi, I'm looking for a location in dublin where I can see the sunrise. While I appreciate it can be seen from a variety of angles and places, I was looking for somewhere on a hill perhaps? Strange one I know but any thoughts suggestions would be appreciated....

Best place of all to view the sunrise in Dublin is interesting and not known to many people. It is the higher floors of the Bank of Ireland building in Baggot St - that big black monolith.

You see, the building, like Newgrange, is perfectly aligned to the sunrise on the winter soltice (21 December). In the city, one cannot normally see the horizon... unless one goes up high. The building has a straight corridor running down the whole length of the building on the 5th floor. On the solstice day, assuming no clouds, the corridor is lit with a magical light for just a few minutes.

The big question is... how did this happen. Are the directors of Bank of Ireland actually sun-worshipping druids in disguise. Will future archeologists insist that it should be preserved as a national monument.

slatterys on capel street used to be a grand old spot to catch the sunrise ... back in the day of course! :)

the top of mcdonagh tower block in ballymun, the view is particularly beautiful on a crisp feb morning

Back