Dentist in North?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L O L

Northern Ireland Dentists- Any Recommendations?

I need to get a crown done and am appalled about the outragrous prices I've been quoted in Dublin. Has anyone had dentistry done up the North? Was it cheaper? Any recommendations?

Re: Northern Ireland Dentists- Any Recommendations?

Try o Farrell and stauton in newry 028 30262322

dodo said:
Try o Farrell and stauton in newry 028 30262322
Is this number correct. I would have thought that if you dial 028 you will get a Skibbereen number

woods said:
Is this number correct. I would have thought that if you dial 028 you will get a Skibbereen number

Can use either +44 28... or 048... from the south

From experience I can recommend the "CAVEHILL DENTAL PRACTICE" in Belfast, I learnt about them from watching a "Prime Time Special" all about dentists on RTE1.

I have been three times (by train from Dublin) 35 Euro return, there and back in one day, you will be collected at Belfast train station by "Joe" and driven to the Practice, only (five mins away) the staff are all female, they are very professional, friendly, and half the price of a Southern Dentist! - what more can I say:)
Tel: 0044-289 037 0206.

Thanks for the info on Cavehill, i contacted them and made an appointment, very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Found Cavehill to be dear for a crown.
Not worth the effort of travelling from Dublin.
No problem with their work, though.
Ask price in advance.

I've been to the following - Very happy with him, great price. Charged only £7 for an X-Ray!!

THE BROOK DENTAL SURGERY Principal: Edward J Beattie16 The Brook, ENNISKILLEN, Co Fermanagh BT74 7EU
Tel: 028 6632 7009

Hi

I,m living in Dublin and nearly had a heart attack the other day when my Dentist said that I might need 3 molar root canals and that they would be around €1900 each!

Has anyone got any good recommendations for the North?

Many thanks in advance

Have been quoted silly money for treatment here in Dublin.
Can anyone recommend a dentist outside dublin.. I heard its worth travelling north of the border?
many thanks

I need to get a crown done and am appalled about the outragrous prices I've been quoted in Dublin. Has anyone had dentistry done up the North? Was it cheaper? Any recommendations?

I have had dental treatment with Thornton Dentists in Newry. Its a husband & wife team. I had my treatment done by Mrs Thortnton ( who is orginally from Roscommon) and I found her to be excellent. I had a problem with an old crown that had an infection in the root. I visited her every two to three weeks to have it dressed and she didnt charge me for these visits. She also managed to safe my crown which wouldnt have happened with a denist here in the south. Their Phone No.: is 0044 2830263400.

Hi Megan..

Thinking of going north for broken tooth repair and a filling or four.. ;o)
Pricewise.. are Thorntons reasonable? Was quoted over 1,000 here in Dublin..
Thanks in advance..
JB

Hi Megan..

Thanks in advance..
JB

Interested in this information also , as I have a crown which has fallen out and will probably need to be replaced and I have a crown going loose also.

Anyone shed any light as to how much this might cost?

thks

Hi All

As an alternative

Mrs Dicey signed up the family with (new) VHI dental cover. It cost c.€300 for 1 year for 2 adults + 2 kids and they refund 70% of dental expenses including crowns, fillings general cleaning etc. up to a maximum of €2,500 per person per year. As Mrs D has had 2 crowns already this year and I've had some work done - we're already 'quids in'!

I don't know if they cover treatment in the North or not but it certainly reduced the burden for us. BTW - youngest daughter will need braces next year and they will contribute €1,000+ towards that.

(No affiliation with VHI or any dentists etc)

Cheers
Dicey

VHI dental cover.
Dicey

Do you have to pay the dentist and then the VHI reinburse you or do you just say to the dentist that you're with the VHI?

I see on the VHI brochure that it's €917 for a crown and you pay €275.10. This sounds very expensive. How much did you pay Dicey?

thks

Hi Megan..

Thanks in advance..
JB
I will have to check my receipts but I think I paid approx €450 in total. I had 4 fillings, clean and polish and then root canal on my crowned tooth. I had a total of 12 visits. I will post the exact amount when I checked my receipt. Hope this is of some help.

I went for a check up in Dublin a few months ago and I was told I needed 5 filings. I didnt really like what I heard so I went for second opinion the following week up in Newry.

The dentist I went to there gave me the all clear and said I didnt need any fillings.

Stay clear of the rip off dublin/ireland dentists. Seems they will drill your perfect teeth for no reason to make more euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back