Solar Panels - Looking for Recommendation for Installer in Cork Area

InfoSeeker

Looking to get solar panels installed in the next month & have read several threads to get informed.

At this stage I am looking for any recommendation on installers in the Cork area from members so if anyone has any details I would be very grateful.

I did a search on the recommend tradespeople forum but could not find anything related to Cork re a recommendation.

You should do your research on what system you wish to have installed, then contact the supplier/manufacturer and get a recommendation from them. They generally will know who is decent and who is not, especially Kingspan as they have an Preferred Installer Programme. They also have their own Service Engineers on the ground who will be called out to sort any problems and they will also know which installers to recommend. [broken link removed]
No matter what, always get a referral and/or recommendation and ask to see installations they have carried out in the past and speak to the homeowners of those installations.

Quentin Gargin the founder of ecologics is cork based, his solar company is ecologics.ie, they installed our solar panels 3 years ago.

What's the payback like on Solar? I have been toying with the idea but it seems rather expensive to have them fitted.

no idea what the payback is, but we've had solar 3 years, we can leave the heating off from April(ish) to late September as solar will provide all hot water.

no idea what the payback is, but we've had solar 3 years, we can leave the heating off from April(ish) to late September as solar will provide all hot water.
No disrespect intended but I couldn't imagine having panels installed without calculating payback period - and then determining whether it's actually feasible or not...

Depending on what you pay for the installation initially, how many people are in the house, how much hot water usage there is, the payback can be anywhere between 6 and 10 years (and possibly longer). I know this is a very varied period but a person living on their own who showers every second day is not really going to have a decent payback, however, a typical family of 2 adults and 2 children, especially if they are teenagers will have a payback on the lower end. The key factor is there is a payback and it will reduce your annual bills.

No disrespect intended but I couldn't imagine having panels installed without calculating payback period - and then determining whether it's actually feasible or not...

none taken, but in my view there's far more to solar/renewables than payback period - we were doing up an old house, there was a sizeable grant for them, we're eco concious, gas/oil prices are only ever going one way, having solar will add to resale value of house. In the end after grant the panels cost us less than 1000, as such its been a no-brainer, like i said above it means the heating/boiler is rarely turned on for mar/april - sept.

Still struggling to decide on who to use, live in Cork and have received 3 quotes so far ranging from 4k to 9k. Basically looking for hot water from March to September for family of 4 [2 very young kids and may have a 3rd] so long term to meet the requirements for 5 people - most say 250L tank is what we need.

So if anyone has had solar installed and are happy with the installation can they let me know who they used assuming they cover Cork? I cannot get a personal recommendation as none of my friends have it installed in Cork so a recommendation from AAM is the next best thing:)

Back