National Irish Bank - NIB - Accessing Online Banking

Dinarius

Does anyone have any problem accessing the Log In page of National Irish Bank's online banking facility?

I have a fast internet connection and have no problems with any other site.

I can access NIB's home page no problem, but I frequently cannot get from there to the online banking page, and I am sick and tired of talking to their helpline.

Anyone else have similar problems?

Thanks.

D.

ps. While I'm at it, one of my pet hates is companies that do not offer a landline number to access some part of their business. Nowadays, almost everyone buys mobile minutes in bulk in addition to having home phones with prepaid local and national calls. However, if we are obliged to dial a 1850 or 1890 number, we pay for it. Drives me nuts!

Have you tried it on another browser, PC or internet connection in case it's a local problem?

Some companies offering 1850/1890 numbers also offer an Irish landline number for calling from abroad in which case you can just drop the prefixes and call this.

Hi Dinarius,

I did have this problem with my work pc (have since gotten a new pc, so no longer an issue), the helpdesk (though pleasant) were no help at all, the only way I could get passed this was to do the following - on your browser, go to the 'Tools' dropdown menu, select 'Internet Options' and then select 'Delete Files' to clear the stored files. You may have to do it a couple of times, but it did work for me. As far as I know all this does is clear the files held in memory, it shouldn't interfere with any other part of the pc. If that doesn't work, try deleting the 'Cookies' as well, though this will delete any passwords etc you have set up.

Hope this helps!
Gamblor.

there is an option on NIB web site "check your computer", if you can see this click on it and see whether it passes all the stages.
More than likely a java problem

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I went through the various items in Tools with their online help too.

My failure to connect is intermittent (I did get on later on this morning).

Must give that computer check a go though.

D.

Solution from Gamblor72 worked for me, -delete those temporary
internet files - thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a major problem when we got a new PC. Apparently Vista and the NIB computers were not compatible.

We changed over to an activcard and are well satisfied. I particularly like the increased serurity that you get from having to use a new pin every time you log on. You can use it in an internet cafe and you don't have to worry about malicious software that might be installed on the public PC

Murt

We had a major problem when we got a new PC. Apparently Vista and the NIB computers were not compatible.
That doesn't make much sense to me. From a web server's point of view the specific operating system/version of Windows is (usually) irrelevant. The browser type and version may be another matter (e.g. Ulster Bank/First Active's online banking will reject Firefox v3 beta on Ubuntu but not if you install the User Agent Switcher add-on and masquerade as IE on Windows).

That doesn't make much sense to me. From a web server's point of view the specific operating system/version of Windows is (usually) irrelevant. The browser type and version may be another matter (e.g. Ulster Bank/First Active's online banking will reject Firefox v3 beta on Ubuntu but not if you install the User Agent Switcher add-on and masquerade as IE on Windows).

Don't know much (anything) about computers.

We had an online current account with NIB, but as I said, when we bought a new computer and switched over to VISTA we couldn't access the account any more. VISTA had only just been released at the time.

Mrs Murt was on to the NIB helpdesk who were unable to get the account to work from our computer and eventually changed us over to the activcard.

Murt

Is NIB's online service down today? I can't get through to the online service [broken link removed] or their home page [broken link removed]

I cant access my nib e-Banking all w.end..its saying navigation to website Cancelled when i click on e-banking link

Back