Incomplete number on caller ID

Ash

The following number showed up on caller ID after a very early call when there was nobody home. (?)?42885568396
We get a lot of marketing/you've won a holiday, press the number 9 key now to claim your prize, etc type calls. Googling the number usually allows some kind of track back. We dont recognise this number and assume this was yet another one.
Despite using many permutations, we can't seem to track this one. The number is incomplete as the ID display was unable to show the full prefix(s).
Curious if anyone recognises it, or can decipher the country and place of origin.

There could be more numbers than came up on the caller ID, so could be from anywhere.

Could be a Northern Irish number - 0044 28 85568396 (with the first few digits missing)?

Interesting suggestions. Thanks all.

No, don't know anyone in Liechenstein.
Dont recognise it as a N.I. number either.
There was indeed at least one more digit in the number but the display was unable to show them all. The missing digit(s) would have come before those which showed up i.e. before 42885568396. I tried to indicate this in the original post.
The origin is still a mystery but I thank you for your suggestions. :)

I got a call yesterday from a number that looked at first glance like an Irish number. It rang once and then hung up. I called back but as soon as I heard the foreign ring I cut it off and checked it again, it was from a Bulgarian number. Probaby a scam where you ring back and pay a premium, but I didn't stay on long enough to get through. Should have kept the number and googled it, good idea, Ash.

Follow up to above, just checked my phone and the number was still there, it was on missed calls (I had been looking on received calls). Googkled it, and behold:

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/3598815400267

Just as I thought. Premium rate Bulgarian no, they ring once and most people answer, just as I did. In my case I ddn't wait for the call to go thru, smelled a rat and cut it off before they could answer.

Back