Key Post: Kilkenny Hotels.

S

shug02

Folks,

Can anybody recommend hotels to stay in in Kilkenny for a couple for a weekend? Any good 2 or 3 night deals going in decent hotels?

Shug

hi

I've just booked in at the Butler House Guesthouse. It's cheaper than the "main hotels" and you get your breakfast at the Kilkenny Design Shop (at end of their garden). It's central too and is nicely decorated.

The next best option was the Newpark hotel but it seems to be quite a walk away from the centre.

I found the hotels there to be more expensive than I though and if you went any lower down the food chain they were just family B&B's, nothing in between.

Maybe try Langton House?

Try
or is it
[broken link removed]

Links fixed by ClubMan.

Re: hi

I know somebody who had a short break recently in the Ormonde and really enjoyed it. Check their website for special offers.

Re: Kilkenny Hotels

Hi

Doras gave this comprehensive list for [broken link removed].

Marion :hat

Kilkenny

I stayed in the River Court. Thought it lovely - we did get a good deal at the time - about 2 years ago. We thought the food was very good but a friend of mine didn't think it was - so everyone to their own taste. The River Court was very central as well - Langtons Pub and others were a stroll away.

Re: Kilkenny

Depends on what you are after, but I stayed in a B&B just beside the new park. Nice old cottage, well kept and good breakfast, it was 32 euros person at the time.

The name was Coopers House Tel: 353-5621264

S.

re:hotels in Kilkenny

I too stayed in the Ormonde for our anniversary for 2 nights. We had our daughter with us and the staff were very nice to her and provided a travel cot,blankets,small teddy and a pack containing crayons etc... for my daughter. as we had our daughter with us we ate in the hotel on the two nights (has two dining areas so tried both) and the food was lovely. The room was nice and the bathroom nice but small. Was very happy with the hotel and it was centrally located to all shops,pubs,restaurants for those without the kids!

Re: re:hotels in Kilkenny

I stayed in Blanchville House, a B&B, country house, lovely setting, lovely room, a couple of miles outside kilkenny, and a smashing pub just down the road from it (cant remember the name). It cost 50pps, i.e. a total of 200 for a couple for the w/e.
www.blanchville.ie/

Back