Does anyone know anyone who has ever...won anything on a prize bond?!

Re: Does anyone know anyone who has ever...

A few small prizes in the last 10 years. that's it

Re: Does anyone know anyone who has ever...

I've won 75 about three times in about 12 years. You might want to change the title of the thread so something more meaningful.

Yep. Have won several €75s. But you need a fairly substantial sum in prize bonds to get anything resembling a return on them - if you have only small amounts, you're really just gambling with your stake being guaranteed.

Thing is the big guns (life assurance, banks, syndicates etc) buy up huge quantities of these even for short term investments as they are guarenteed to get the money back and may win something), so means the small players are not the only ones in the pot. These guys buy up millions at a time....though the odds must be better than the lotto as you never hear of them (banks & the like), buying up loads of lotto tickets.

On saying that...I've never known anyone who has won (and my parents & aunts all would have had loads....my job was to check the numbers)

My late mother had prize bonds all her life and a few months after she died one of them was a 50 euro winner.:rolleyes:

I have a few too, never won anything.

I have a good few never won on them. My late father won twice I think 100 quid.

My mother has bought all my nieces and nephews (6 of them) prize bonds for their birthdays every year. All of them have won money. I bought prize bonds as a wedding gift few yrs back and within 3 yrs couple had won 150 or so.

I won €75 two or three times. My parents also won something like £100 back in the 50s and thought that they were rich. :)

Arrived home this evening to find letter and cheque for €75 from Prize Bond win. Pity it wasnt bigger!

About €600 in bonds. Never won a cent. :(

I converted the kids cash to bonds a couple of years ago (about €1200) and to be fair won 2 x 25 within a few weeks and then 75 about a year ago. I suppose that isn't the worst return in the world.

No. Don't know anyone who has won. I've had 10 for the last 25 years and my mother has five or six for over sixty years! I wonder what the odds of winning anything are?

Back