Ninja Kamakazee Cyclists.

horusd

Okay I know I'm metaphor -mixing, but it seems appropriate. Cyclists are swaning around dressed from head to toe in black and nar a light in sight. Do these idiots have a bloody deathwish?

Why don't the traffic cops ever stop them or the RSA bring in standard cycling gear as a minimum legal requirement? Yellow shirt thingie, lights front and back etc. It's bad enough they don't obey traffic signals, but this attiude where all the responsibility is on motorists to see them is nuts.

Nearly knocked a few of these down myself in the last few weeks, as well as walkers on pitch dark country roads. They too were wearing dark clothing.

I recently bought myself a reflective hi-vis bib off Amazon to have int he boot of the car in case I ever broke down during the winter. Its cost something like £3 delivered. Something so cheap might just stop you being killed.

Yeah, as a cyclist myself, this is fairly embarrassing and quite dangerous. I thing that Gardai and Dublin City Council did a thing last year that involved stopping unlit cyclists and giving them a high-vis vest, even though there is no legal obligation to wear one. The legal obligations around lights are often ignored, and I do have words with other cyclists about this from time to time. The ones with the high-vis vests and no lights are quite dangerous too - high-vis is not a panacea.

Coming out of the RDS after the Leinster match yesterday was scary. Between the toy show and the match, there was a very large volume of cyclists and what really scared me driving, was kids cycling with their Dads (not to mention the dad who had a kid on the back and one on the cross bar) weaving in and out of traffic with no regards for anyone and parents not keeping a very close eye on the kids that were with them. . Miracle there wasn't an accident

Coming out of the RDS after the Leinster match yesterday was scary. Between the toy show and the match, there was a very large volume of cyclists and what really scared me driving, was kids cycling with their Dads (not to mention the dad who had a kid on the back and one on the cross bar) weaving in and out of traffic with no regards for anyone and parents not keeping a very close eye on the kids that were with them. . Miracle there wasn't an accident

Yea, but it was a great first half! :D

The RSA were giving away hi-viz vests recently (may still be some out there) I picked up 2 when I was getting new tyres on my car.

I sometimes cycle and can't believe how many cyclists without any lights there are, it's crazy.

Then again I'm also amazed at how many people seem to drive without lights on also.

At least the lousy cyclists meant I had to wake up after having a great afternoon nap during the 2nd half

Was there a second half?
I thought there was a 40 minute defensive training session after the match in which Isaac Boss accidentally scored a try.

O’Malley was great though. With him and McFadden playing so well it makes a joke of putting Earls in at 13 for Ireland. Earls is great player on the wing and ok at the back but he’s no centre.

Back