Key Post A great website for Irish financial statistics statusireland.com

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I have just come across this website which is really excellent. Here are just some of the graphs

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

I can't believe that this site has been going since October 2008.

I have just come across this website which is really excellent. Here are just some of the graphs

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

I can't believe that this site has been going since October 2008.

If the data is correct, then it's a superb site. Hard to imagine why the CSO with its resources don't have something like this. Great find and info like that is very interesting.....reminds me of a book I saw in the college library once upon a time "Statistics without tears" :p

Great site.
[broken link removed] chart showed what utter rubbish was spouted by the Public Sector unions about how their members had been left behind by the boom with salary increases of 180% over a 10 year period.

Great site.
[broken link removed] chart showed what utter rubbish was spouted by the Public Sector unions about how their members had been left behind by the boom with salary increases of 180% over a 10 year period.

The average Garda earns 60k according to this. Considering the large number of new recruits in previous years this tells me that there are a considerable number of members on much higher salaries than this.

A new benchmarking excercise anyone?

Back