solar panels

S

sinzer

im in the cork area and thinking about getting solar panels. would like recommendations on who to get . i want to get the tube version as i have heard they are more effecient than the flat panel. any idea of cost and availability of grant

thanks

just had them fitted,tube are not nessesarly more efficant,but alot more expensive,be careful out there prices vary big time,had a co' quote me double what i paid and also wanted me to get my own plumber to fit water tank,and just wanted to clip pipe work to wall,the co' i used sliped the pipes between a partition wall,then plastered any damage,brilliant couldn't prase them enough very neath.
www.CleanEnergyIreland.ie tel;021/7432829 good luck

Hi, We got our WPB from Heatright in Skibbereen and they also do solar panels. We were delighted with their service, good, clean and tidy. They may be worth a try. We have solar panels fitted and I have posted my comments before so won't go into it again, but not from Heatright. Optimistic.

We used Solar Panel Ireland in East Cork to buy them & got our own plumber to plumb them up . If you PM me I will give you the phone number

Does anyone know how much these solar panels (tubular) cost to buy without installation ?

You can get a kit & 300 lt tank from Chadwicks for €4600. Be careful though cause one plumber quoted me €7500 for supply and instalation, they are absorbing the grant into their prices.

kedco do the kit and tank including roof fittings for €3200

I installed vacum tube panels from www.rvr.ie the kit cost was approx €4,500 for 4.3 sqM of panels and all the ancilary bits and pieces, but i did get a grant of €1200 odd from sei.

The instalation was done by Alan Moss (www.irishecoplumbing.com)

You can see how they perform live on the irishecoplumbing website.

In the intrest if full disclosure, Allan Moss is a friend of mine, I designed the website and the data being displayed is from my instalation, having said all that the data is live - though there are some tweaks still to be done to the software, and the "top of tank" sensor is reading low due to a technical problem.

I am at internal plastering stage on my new build - no plumbling started as yet. Am I still in time to install a solar panel system.
I see one for €3K excl vat and installation - I know this is a vague question but roughly how much does it cost to install.

Also - are can any slaor panel users give feedback on how they have worked so far?

Back