Need advice - Crumlin, Kimmage, Harolds X

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Need2know

Does anyone know the area around the clogher/sundrive/stanaway road in Crumlin????

Or are the surrounding areas down towards Kimmage a better buy??

Any advise or experience of the area (shops, transport, etc)would be great!!

Re: Need advice !! - Crumlin, Kimmage, HC

Hi,

I bought a house 3.5 years ago at the corner of Sundrive and Clougher. Just at the Four Roads pub. I really couldn’t reccommend the area. I’ll be moving out in the very near future. We’re taking groups of kids aged from 4-10yrs and then, more worryingly, a gang of 14-16yrs old youths. They drink, sell drugs and generally hang-about causing trouble at the corner.

The house has been burgled, and attacked with bottles, and bricks. Kids constantly play football in my garden, and climb my extension to gain entry to my back garden. I have been verbally abused.

Since I’ve lived there my car has been vandalised (i dont have off street parking) many times; Ive replaced my front and side windows twice, side mirrors several times, scrapes of kids drawings all over the bonnet.

Its not just my house thats terrorised. I live beside an elderly couple who have the very same problems, god bless them.

I got the house at a great price! And stand to make a few bob from the move. But would i do it again? A very definite, NO. Im going back to my roots in Ballinteer, asap!

Re: Need advice !! - Crumlin, Kimmage, HC

KYE said:
Hi,

I bought a house 3.5 years ago at the corner of Sundrive and Clougher. Just at the Four Roads pub. I really couldn’t reccommend the area. I’ll be moving out in the very near future. We’re taking groups of kids aged from 4-10yrs and then, more worryingly, a gang of 14-16yrs old youths. They drink, sell drugs and generally hang-about causing trouble at the corner.

The house has been burgled, and attacked with bottles, and bricks. Kids constantly play football in my garden, and climb my extension to gain entry to my back garden. I have been verbally abused.

Since I’ve lived there my car has been vandalised (i dont have off street parking) many times; Ive replaced my front and side windows twice, side mirrors several times, scrapes of kids drawings all over the bonnet.

Its not just my house thats terrorised. I live beside an elderly couple who have the very same problems, god bless them.

I got the house at a great price! And stand to make a few bob from the move. But would i do it again? A very definite, NO. Im going back to my roots in Ballinteer, asap!
Hi There, We must have been neighbours there for a while. I used to live on Sundrive road near the Four Roads Pub. Rented for a year or two. I have to say I did not have half the problems you had. One thing that really really annoyed me was the rubbish. People just threw their rubbish on the ground and this would blow into our front garden. I would never go near the local pubs, I would always go into town. I bought a house in Drimnagh and I thought it was a good move. If you get a quite settled road in Drimnagh you are laughing.

Re: Need advice - Crumlin, Kimmage, HC

Hi,

I'm currently looking in the area at the moment. I rented in Drimnagh for a while and have to agree about the annoyance of people's rubbish habits. People just don't seem to care about their environment. The other annoyance where I lived was the kids playing in the garden (4 - 10 yr olds). They were innocent enough I think but they did put a hole in one of the windows in the house throwing stones at eachother (i.e. I don't think they intended to damage the property). However, I also observed them once, wrecking a neighbours head by hammering on a lampost outside their house continuously. The neighbour kept chasing them away. I reckon they would have lost interest quicker if the neighbour had ignored them but the noise was very irritating.

Despite those annoyances, I am still looking to buy in the area but I am doing a lot of research on individual streets and being very choosy about that. I agree that you can find very peaceful places to live in the area. I'm surprised about Clogher Road/Sundrive Road as I'm looking there too & thought it would be okay to buy there. Obviously, I need to do more research.

SusieSue

Please do a check of previous posts
Crumlin
Kimmage
If you need to discuss further then do so in these topics. If you need to discuss Harolds X please open a new thread exclusively for that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back