View Single Post
Old 22-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbar11 View Post
@elizabethno1

i gave birth to a baby nearly three months ago under the exact same circumstances as you, after a one night stand and the father changed his number. i told the social welfare when i was 8 months pregnant as i wasnt sure what to do as i worked all my life and wasnt familiar with the system after losing my job. they said it was ok, tht i was still technically available for work so dont worry! hope everything works out for you !

how much is the one parent family payment? i am still waiting for it to be processed and im really struggling .. i had to move home because of no money, so will my fathers income count when i am means tested?i have no savings or anything?
When applying for one parent family your parents income is not means tested. OPF Benefit is the same as jsb 188 personal rate and 29.80 for your child. Under the new regulations you will be able to receive OPF until your child is 14. You will have to provide details of your childs father as he will be pursued by SW for maintenance.

Are you still in receipt of jsb... if you are you should get your child added to your claim.